marc

my hard drive capacity is 80 gb, when I did a restore my local hard disc (C:)
has
more capacity than the back up disc...4.75 gb vs 69.5. How can I fixed this,
to make it the other way around...thank you

On 02/12/2004 Marc wrote:

> my hard drive capacity is 80 gb, when I did a restore my local hard
> disc (C:) has
> more capacity than the back up disc...4.75 gb vs 69.5. How can I
> fixed this, to make it the other way around...thank you

If the disk is partitioned like that you would need to either remove
the existing partitions, set up new partitions the size you want and
re-install XP or use a program like Partition Magic which can re-size
partitions.

The first way loses all of your data, the second can lose your data if
it goes wrong (which it sometimes does).

Are you using a full/upgrade version of XP or a manufacturer's restore
disk? If the latter your options may be limited, you would need to
check the manufacturer's manual.

--
Jeff Gaines Damerham Hampshire UK

TRENDING THREADS