Drobo B810n 8-Bay NAS Review

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Drobo. Now that's a name we haven't heard in a long time. The company is back, and it sent us its new Marvell-powered B810n storage appliance to test. Is there new magic in this once-prolific brand, or does it fail to reignite that old flame?

Drobo B810n 8-Bay NAS Review : Read more

Khimera2000

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
Would of like to see the qnap tvs-871 i3 in the review. Its in the same price range. The qnap model mentioned in the article isnt even stocked on newegg any more, and although it makes for nice charts it does nothing from a buyers perspective.Adding something that might of passed end of life just skews performance expectation at the given price point.

Just my opinion on it.

Blytz

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2013
Have to say I would get another DS1815+ Synology unit over that drobo any day of the week. Equal or better specs, about 1/2 the price.

Not to say the Drobo is a poor unit, just very overpriced for what's on off

Xajel

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2006
I wonder when NAS becomes more home friendly in pricing and features... Dual Lan port with Link aggregation and 4-6 bays with support for expandability using USB 3 drives ( or another DAS ) for timely backups is not that much of a problem... wondering why prices for such features are very high

Status
Not open for further replies.