drop down dialog box doesn't work

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers,microsoft.public.windowsxp.perform_maintain (More info?)

used to be when i clicked on run or some other dialog box and then started
typing a name a drop down list would show up showing assumed path / filename
i am typing. does this make sense ?

but now it is gone so how do i get it back ?

--

Woodzy
http://rtdos.com/forum

radiosity Webring
http://a.webring.com/hub?ring=radiosity

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers,microsoft.public.windowsxp.perform_maintain (More info?)

Go to internet options..content tab..click the Autocomplete button and make
sure the box is checked.

"*ProteanThread*" <abuse@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> used to be when i clicked on run or some other dialog box and then started
> typing a name a drop down list would show up showing assumed path /
> filename
> i am typing. does this make sense ?
>
> but now it is gone so how do i get it back ?
>

> --
>

> Woodzy
> http://rtdos.com/forum
>
> radiosity Webring
> http://a.webring.com/hub?ring=radiosity

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers,microsoft.public.windowsxp.perform_maintain (More info?)

Thanks Lance, and Kelly had also mentioned to make sure that a tweaker had
not clear out recent history on log off so I corrected that as well.