Drop Down Navigation

Rob423

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2002
it was so nice and easy to just scroll to the end of a section and be able to jump to whatever section you want... that's a nice feature.

steve_sa

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2005
It was also requested in our closed Beta. Do people really use that. I personally go to the main menu to see what forums have new posts, not just navigate over without knowing that.

Pls explain the context of use.

Rob423

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2002
if your in CPUS and you know your making your rounds through each topic... i like to just drop down and boom im in hard drives, with a quick click instead of page'ing up.. or scrolling way up to change the topic.. idn i just thought it was a nice quick easy way to navigate.... cause most of the time your at the bottom of the threads anyway, it just made sense to use the drop down box that was right there.

i just thought it was alot easier then going back to main page, then software, then windows xp..... when i was say in Hard Drives.. and since im already at the end of the page, it was cool just being able to SHoOT directly to windows xp or whatever you wanted etc..

steve_sa

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2005
Rob, you are not the only person asking for it, and it did come up in closed Beta.

Once I hear it tooo many times, I start putting it in the plans... but got a few more pressing things to work on.

steve_sa

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2005
Not coming along. I downloaded ZA (the freeware) but it did not stop me and everything worked. Are you running the paid version? Any special settings?

Rob423

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2002
nope negative... general Settings i set it to default and made it work... when i set the ad and cookie things to MED... all hell broke loose lol..

no windows Firewall either, im not running SP2

weird thing was my dad doesn't even have ZA installed or any other firewall... it was really weird.

slvr_phoenix

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
I don't know how to use RSS either. (Not that I can't learn, but I'm lazy.)

Personally I vote for putting the quick-jump feature back in because I used it a lot too.

But yeah, low priority. We won't die without it. There's plenty more important things to do first.

Rob423

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2002
wow big mixup steve im sorry... I actually do have the PRO version installed... the serial key musta found its way in there.. anyway...

on the pro version if you click PRIVACY tab, it will bring you to the AD and COOKIE control setup i will send you screen shots through EMAIL pal.

steve_sa

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2005
Thanks, Rob.

But if cookies are blocked, you should not be able to login to forumz...so I am baffled still.

I don't have the pro version, so I probably would not be able to test it..