Review Drop Sense75 Review: Overpriced and Unbalanced

I personally just bought the Keychron Q1 Pro which is a wifi enabled and somewhat different internal keyboard compared to the original Q1. It was 199+20 for shipping and ships in April. I look forward to getting it in the mail. I feel like I dodged a bullet with both the Sense75 and the GMMK Pro keyboards as I was looking at both of them as options. Luckily I have some friends that are keyboard enthusiasts that steered me clear. Anyways, thanks for the great keyboard review, I usually read them all.

Mar 28, 2023
I honestly don’t understand the intent behind the out-of-place arrow keys… it’s like they are intentionally made it so ugly that customers with basic aesthetic sense can flee.

I honestly don’t understand the intent behind the out-of-place arrow keys… it’s like they are intentionally made it so ugly that customers with basic aesthetic sense can flee.
The arrow keys are there because you want them to be there. There are other layouts that are similar without the arrow keys. I aesthetically like this exact layout over any other. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. As an example of how common this layout is, this is the keyboard I purchased.

Mar 28, 2023
The arrow keys are there because you want them to be there. There are other layouts that are similar without the arrow keys. I aesthetically like this exact layout over any other. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. As an example of how common this layout is, this is the keyboard I purchased.

Although this type of "exploded layout" hurts my eyes every time I take a glance, congrats on getting something that you like (y)

I do hear some people having problem finding arrow keys if they are not separated with the rest of the keys, so they have to go with TKL or "exploded". That might explain why it get its audience.

Reactions: helper800
I usually like Drop stuff but this just misses the mark for me. I prefer a TKL but I was willing to try out a 75 for my first full build as I thought I'd like the encoder for volume etc. For this price and feature set I think the GMMK Pro is probably the better buy (ignoring the fact a barebones is not yet available for the Sense). Cleaner aesthetics (subjective) and much better price point. Regardless, I gave the 75's a skip this time and just got a GMMK 1 (USB C) barebones and installed Akko CS Jelly Purples and Drop Skylight White keycaps. Didn't even have to mod/dampen the case at all. Solid, thockey and zero ping. For 175cad I don't think I could have done much better in this quality bracket. It's as basic a board as you can get feature wise but I'm really happy with it.

*If you like tactile switches I can heartily recommend the Jelly Purples as a mid-budget alternative. Even unlubed they are buttery smooth with a nice strong tactile bump, though they are pretty heavy. I just ordered another two boxes to install in my Redragon K598 that I use on the go. About all I have done on that board is some Killmat in the bottom case and Drop Skylight red/gray caps. It needed more love.

Reactions: helper800
I usually like Drop stuff but this just misses the mark for me. I prefer a TKL but I was willing to try out a 75 for my first full build as I thought I'd like the encoder for volume etc. For this price and feature set I think the GMMK Pro is probably the better buy (ignoring the fact a barebones is not yet available for the Sense). Cleaner aesthetics (subjective) and much better price point. Regardless, I gave the 75's a skip this time and just got a GMMK 1 (USB C) barebones and installed Akko CS Jelly Purples and Drop Skylight White keycaps. Didn't even have to mod/dampen the case at all. Solid, thockey and zero ping. For 175cad I don't think I could have done much better in this quality bracket. It's as basic a board as you can get feature wise but I'm really happy with it.

*If you like tactile switches I can heartily recommend the Jelly Purples as a mid-budget alternative. Even unlubed they are buttery smooth with a nice strong tactile bump, though they are pretty heavy. I just ordered another two boxes to install in my Redragon K598 that I use on the go. About all I have done on that board is some Killmat in the bottom case and Drop Skylight red/gray caps. It needed more love.
How are the stabilizers out of the box? Did they need lube or any modding attention? I personally grabbed these keycaps with the carbonski alphas instead of the bones. I love that big bold orange legend on grey. Those keycaps are super expensive, wayyy more than I wanted to spend, but that burnt orange color is my favorite so I splurged.

Last edited:
Apr 2, 2023
A little research would tell you that BISCO is a premium silicone foam product made by the same company that makes PORON (Rogers Corporation). Generally urethane foam (PORON) and silicone foam are not considered interchangeable in application as they have very different properties, so this is an interesting choice.

How are the stabilizers out of the box? Did they need lube or any modding attention? I personally grabbed these keycaps with the carbonski alphas instead of the bones. I love that big bold orange legend on grey. Those keycaps are super expensive, wayyy more than I wanted to spend, but that burnt orange color is my favorite so I splurged.

Actually they weren't too bad. I was expecting some serious rattle based on reviews I'd read but they are smooth and mostly quiet. The spacebar is a -little- rattly but in my experience that always seems to be the case. All that hollow space amplifies any noise. I should probably lube them better and cut the tabs at some point but for now they are fine.

Actually they weren't too bad. I was expecting some serious rattle based on reviews I'd read but they are smooth and mostly quiet. The spacebar is a -little- rattly but in my experience that always seems to be the case. All that hollow space amplifies any noise. I should probably lube them better and cut the tabs at some point but for now they are fine.
I just got in and set up my Keychron Q1 Pro. Its pretty great. The stabs are a tiny bit rattily when you press the keys from an extreme side of the keycap, but otherwise great. I have not used it for more than an hour or two yet though so, caveat emptor.