Question Drop ship graphics cards??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deputy

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2008
Everyone knows the current situation with graphics cards. Overpriced and under supply. So I was wondering if anyone had had any luck with using "drop shipping" to get a graphic card? I found a website that is selling an MSI Geforce RTX 3090 VENTUS 3X 24G OC 24GB GDDR6X PCI Express 4.0 Graphics Card for....wait for it...$96.88. Yeah, if it sounds too good to be true, it GENERALLY is. But a C-note makes it worth the gamble. Plus I used PayPal to pay for it, so if they don't send it, I can get a refund quite easily. Here's the website:

https://pcxshopxb.com/product-category/gpus-video-graphics-cards/

I've read some reviews on the card and it's pretty fantastic. It pretty much "overpowers" any game it meets.
Anyway, just wonbdered if anyone had any luck/experience with drop shipping. :giggle:

USAFRet

Titan
An RTX 3090 for $96.88?

Yes, you may get your money back.
But that was such an obvious scam, it wasn't worth the time logging in to paypal to facilitate the payment.

Their corporate office at "1026 West Marietta St NW, Atlanta, GA 30318 " is either an empty parking lot, or a dentist office.

Interestingly, ALL their items for sale are $96.88.
Wonder why that is...lol

Reactions: jacob249358

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
An RTX 3090 for $96.88?

Yes, you may get your money back.
But that was such an obvious scam, it wasn't worth the time logging in to paypal to facilitate the payment.

Their corporate office at "1026 West Marietta St NW, Atlanta, GA 30318 " is either an empty parking lot, or a dentist office.

Interestingly, ALL their items for sale are %96.88.
Wonder why that is...lol
https://www.google.com/maps/place/1...56bacef5c21f633!8m2!3d33.779133!4d-84.4117678

Looks like 1026 is the Closed Caravana. Zoom all the way in you can clearly read it 1026.

EDIT I can see this already you get a digital picture of the card or just nothing at all and they dispute your dispute and you get nothing back.

Last edited:

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
Everyone knows the current situation with graphics cards. Overpriced and under supply. So I was wondering if anyone had had any luck with using "drop shipping" to get a graphic card? I found a website that is selling an MSI Geforce RTX 3090 VENTUS 3X 24G OC 24GB GDDR6X PCI Express 4.0 Graphics Card for....wait for it...$96.88. Yeah, if it sounds too good to be true, it GENERALLY is. But a C-note makes it worth the gamble. Plus I used PayPal to pay for it, so if they don't send it, I can get a refund quite easily. Here's the website:

I've read some reviews on the card and it's pretty fantastic. It pretty much "overpowers" any game it meets.
Anyway, just wonbdered if anyone had any luck/experience with drop shipping. :giggle:
Just send me 50 bucks and I will get somebody to come to your house and kick you in the boys and we'll call it even.

Look at my link above of the address Closed Carvana.

Reactions: drivinfast247

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
I saw a scam? on ebay a couple months back. Dude was selling a 3080 and the bid started at $100. Gave a complete description of the gpu abilities, links to nvidia and other pages, bunch of stock pics etc. Everything looked pretty legit.

Small print at bottom of page: package includes:
the box only.

Anybody who actually falls for something like this, fully deserves to be parted from their money. If it SEEMS to good to be true, it's not that it PROBABLY is, it's that it ABSOLUTELY is and no two ways about it. And the fact that the site hasn't already been forced offline simply confirms the fact that the domain is likely held by somebody in a country that doesn't recognize international law. Which should itself be all the proof you need.

Guaranteed, same company or relative of same company. Sad thing is, people WILL actually send them money, and in return, they will likely get either nothing or a picture printed on a piece of paper of that item. When they say "you will get THIS EXACT THING" and what you are looking at is a picture of the item, they mean it.

Do it!

Deputy

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2008
Well it was worth a try. What caused me to cancel was when I tried to e-mail them to find out the status of my order. The e-mail bounced back undeliverable. That's a bad sign. So I contacted PayPal and I should have a refund in 5 days or less. No biggie. It was worth a try, considering the ripoff prices being charged for video cards and no end in sight. I don't care how good a video card is, no way I'm paying the loony-tune prices they are asking for them. I wasn't worried about being sent a picture of the product. PayPal insures against that type of scam too. It's the only reason I still use PayPal.

USAFRet

Titan
Well it was worth a try. What caused me to cancel was when I tried to e-mail them to find out the status of my order. The e-mail bounced back undeliverable. That's a bad sign. So I contacted PayPal and I should have a refund in 5 days or less. No biggie. It was worth a try, considering the ripoff prices being charged for video cards and no end in sight. I don't care how good a video card is, no way I'm paying the loony-tune prices they are asking for them. I wasn't worried about being sent a picture of the product. PayPal insures against that type of scam too. It's the only reason I still use PayPal.
No, it wasn't "worth a try".

The time spent on a VERY obvious scam is simply time wasted.

Reactions: jacob249358
no way I'm paying the loony-tune prices they are asking for them.

Then you won't be getting one. It's as simple as that. Lot's of people feel the same way you do, and guess what, they won't be getting one either. And this isn't going away anytime soon either. In fact, since manufacturers have figured out they can charge these astronomical prices and get away with it, you can almost bet that it's here to stay because a lot of people WILL pay the loony tune prices being asked.

Reactions: Tac 25

jacob249358

Commendable
Sep 8, 2021
Then you won't be getting one. It's as simple as that. Lot's of people feel the same way you do, and guess what, they won't be getting one either. And this isn't going away anytime soon either. In fact, since manufacturers have figured out they can charge these astronomical prices and get away with it, you can almost bet that it's here to stay because a lot of people WILL pay the loony tune prices being asked.
you can get gpus without paying the terrible prices. Just takes a little patience. I paid $900 for my 3060ti and then I got a 3060 at msrp and resold that to counter the price.

No, you can't, because even the MSRP these days is hugely increased over what MSRP for same tier level cards was two or three years ago.

In August of 2019 I paid $476.00 for an EVGA GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER XC ULTRA GAMING. MSRP, THEN, for THAT card was about $499.00 IIRC. Now, the MSRP for an RTX 2060 Super is FAR higher than that, with real world pricing for even a plain Jane RTX 2060 non-Super model, if you can even find one, is more like 700+. So even if you could get one at MSRP, which is pretty damn doubtful, it would be something like 70% more expensive than it's MSRP was two years ago.

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/asus-reveals-msrp-of-geforce-rtx-2060-12gb

Status
Not open for further replies.