Dropped Asus Laptop, now it's dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

sageday

Reputable
Aug 13, 2015
I dropped my laptop and now it won't turn on, but the battery light still works when you put the charger in. I've tried unplugging the charger, taking out the battery, holding the power button for 45 seconds then putting the stuff back about 8 times and nothing is happening. Please help! It's an Asus laptop. I don't have money to get it fixed. :-( Also, please explain it like I'm 5. I'm not very familiar with the terms of laptop repair. I wouldn't have opened a separate question but the other questions on this website with just about the same problem, the answers didn't help me.

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
It could be any number of things that have been loosened/damaged by the drop (out of curiosity, how far did it fall?).
It's going to be very difficult to diagnose remotely unfortunately.

My first thought would be your HDD is shocked ...... but if you're not getting to post or BIOS I'm not sure.

deepwaterhorizon

Reputable
Jul 3, 2015
If its not loading at all, I would check if anything is loose (by opening the back, i don't know a lot about Asus laptops). I'm sorry to say it but it doesn't sound too good if it will not even load up. You might need to give more info or possibly bring it to a computer repair and see what they think.

Status
Not open for further replies.