[SOLVED] Dropped cpu with heatsink

Oct 4, 2021
So unfortunatly, i dropped my cpu with heatsink, cause my cpu is stucked with the heatsink i trying to remove it, and isuddenly the heatsink with cpu fall into the ground, pin first (amd), i check it theres no bents. Will my cpu work ? And how can i remove the heatsink, i dont have any blower/fryer.v

Solution
Looks pretty good, as long as it fits easily back in the socket, should be fine.

You could remove the fan from the heatsink then stick the heatsink end in very warm water. That will heat things up much like the CPU would.

Though just twisting the cpu perpendicular to the heatsink back and forth should work it loose.
Oct 4, 2021
You dropped it pins down and no pins got bent?
I find that hard to believe.
Show a photo.

Did you drop it onto a pillow or something?
View: http://imgur.com/gallery/W5qlTWq
here is the photo sir idrop it 1ft in a wooden floor pins down with heatsink, the sound impact is loud. Sorry my explantion/english is difficault to understand, im so sleepy/tired right know, i cant sleep thinking about it, i just want to know if there is anychance hoe many chance my cpu is alright. My cpu is ryzen 3 2200g btw. I know its cheap but thats the only thing i have.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Looks pretty good, as long as it fits easily back in the socket, should be fine.

You could remove the fan from the heatsink then stick the heatsink end in very warm water. That will heat things up much like the CPU would.

Though just twisting the cpu perpendicular to the heatsink back and forth should work it loose.

Solution
Photos are rather blurry.
But I could not spot any bent pins.

You might just have had a very lucky drop.

You should be able to remove the cooler using thin plastic wedge - old credit card or similar.
Do not use metal. That will scratch surface of heatsink and cpu heat spreader.