[SOLVED] Dropped Laptop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oct 7, 2021
Hello, I am new to this forum and really need help. I recently dropped my laptop and now it is unable to upload documents like to Google Drive or to attach to an email. What scans can I do first to determine if this is (really hoping) some type of software issue? Additionally, I guess I need to know what I can do to try to save my butt? Please please help!!! Begging you!!!

Solution
Was the laptop running when dropped?

Does the laptop otherwise work without problems?

Update your post to include laptop make and model, hardware specs, and OS information as much as you can do so.

What error messages, pop-up windows, what happens, etc.. when uploads fail? Specifically what is the wording in any errors or pop-ups?

Look in Reliability History and Event Viewer for any error codes, warnings, or even informational events that are captured when uploads fail.

Windows 10? Try the built-in Windows troubleshooters. The troubleshooters may find and fix something.

Also try "sfc /scannow" and "dism".

References:

https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-use-sfc-scannow-to-repair-windows-system-files-2626161

Fix...

Ralston18

Titan
Was the laptop running when dropped?

Does the laptop otherwise work without problems?

Update your post to include laptop make and model, hardware specs, and OS information as much as you can do so.

What error messages, pop-up windows, what happens, etc.. when uploads fail? Specifically what is the wording in any errors or pop-ups?

Look in Reliability History and Event Viewer for any error codes, warnings, or even informational events that are captured when uploads fail.

Windows 10? Try the built-in Windows troubleshooters. The troubleshooters may find and fix something.

Also try "sfc /scannow" and "dism".

References:

https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-use-sfc-scannow-to-repair-windows-system-files-2626161

Fix Windows Update errors via DISM or System Update Readiness tool - Windows Server | Microsoft Docs

With any luck at all there may have simply been some file corruption if there was a power interruption when the laptop was dropped.

Key is to narrow down the details of what is happening or not happening during upload attempts.

Solution