Dropped My GPU badly

Jun 22, 2018
So I just got a GTX 1070Ti to finally replace my GTX 760 I got when I was 13 or 14. Im 17 now and Ive been working my summer job to upgrade my machine and work on my car. I got my PNY 1070TI and took it out and completely Removed dropped it about 2 hours ago now. It slipped out of my very sweaty excited hands and the 8 pin connector area was absolutely destroyed. I dont have the receipt because my dad works in San Fran near a Frys electronics so I gave him the money to buy it last weekend so he can buy it over the week and come back with it. He lost the Removed receipt. At this point I just wanna know what I can do. Have I just lost out big time and I should go end my life now or what can I try? https://imgur.com/a/hWXruKh
Thank you all in advance I just please need some help before I have a severe anxiety attack.

Watch the language the use of profanity is not allowed here

Even having the receipt wouldn't matter, returns or exchange don't cover carelessness. I don't know what to say. Certainly don't end your life over it. Maybe contact PNY, they may repair it for a fee, but I doubt for free. Just chalk it up to a lesson not to be so impatient with things, and accidents happen. Also, do you have a pic to see how bad it is?

Jun 22, 2018

After reading warranty doesn't cover being an idiot I decided to go remove the shroud and fans and after tracing any circuits only one seemed to be damaged and it was ground. The pins themselves can be bent back into place. I've never posted a pic here so I'm going to try and paste my imgur link.
oCknUpL

https://imgur.com/a/oCknUpL

did you drop it from a bridge? I'm sorry that has happened to you but I have to believe even if you could bend that plug back why would you risk your system to try that obviously damaged part. I'd go bury that thing in the backyard, it's toast. you might be able to get a few bucks for the fans if they're not too damaged

Jun 22, 2018

Nope I just dropped it onto very hard tile. I have a surrogate machine that I use to test different components that I fix, what I did was dumb but I'm not dumb enough to stick it into my rig. And I know this looks gnarly but I have fixed older components that looked far worse. Might require a soldering job but if I get it rolling I'll post it somewhere!

popatim

Titan
I would replace that capacitor right there also, If you decide to fix it. It appears to be damaged as well.
Also, you can connect it to a power supply while its not in the case and see if it goes up in flames or not before you install it into your motherbd. If you have an old pc sitting around, use that as the guinea pig. :)