Question Dropped my pc monitor

Mar 16, 2020
Hello, this is my first time posting on this forum. So i dropped my monitor(benq 144hz tournament edition) 2 hours ago on its back and the parts fell apart, i can see no visible cracks on the screen. Now i tried to assemble it back but there was a broken thing on its board8 (where you connect the cable). I tried to put superglue to glue its pins back in place. But i domt think it worked i still could see some of the pins not fully connected to the board.
Here is a picture of the part thats broken: View: https://imgur.com/a/I69WGtL

Now i tried to turn it on, but i can only see that my screen's light but nothing shows up. Also no cracks seen.

My questions are:could the screen be broken? Or is the light a good sign that its still working?

Secondly, can that broken piece still be put back to the board with soldering iron?

Third and last, can the superglue that i tried damage the board? I was careful but not too careful some of it leaked to the green part of the board.

I am sorry if my post form is not right as its my first time using this forums.

Thanks in advance.

Mar 16, 2020
Those need to be re-soldered back to the circuit board, which is very difficult in skill and requires a hot air solder gun.

If you did put glue anywhere on those silvered colored pads then the monitor is beyond repair.
The circle colored pads? Then not. Can you please show me on my photo just so i know if its a waste of time to take it to repair shop

Edit: here is a photo of where i did apply i circled with orange
View: https://imgur.com/BTwqU9V

Last edited:
Looking closer at it, yeah your monitor is toast because of the glue. Even if they could manage to attach it to the PCB (printed circuit board) you got glue on the first few pads of row of traces (black circle) and I don't see how besides a very expensive professional would clean those off.

I think at this point the monitor is a lost cause. You could look around eBay or even alliexpress for the same model of board as a replacement.

6JNo0FO.jpg