Question Dropped my pc now it overheats

Nov 11, 2022
My pc dropped from standing up to its side while I was playing a game, I instantly dropped to 1fps. I restarted my pc and it struggled. And it overheated instantly getting too 100° which it has never done before, I’ve left it a few days and every single time I load it up now it overheats instantly. Idk what’s wrong, idk what to check is broken. Idk if it could just be thermal paste but I’m guessing it’s something bigger. Any suggestions

Sounds like the cpu cooler is no longer seated correctly. Now it could be its just come loose but it could be part of the mounting has broken. Take a look at the cpu cooler and motherboard, if no obvious damage then try reseating with fresh thermal paste after cleaning off the old paste.

Nov 11, 2022
Sounds like the cpu cooler is no longer seated correctly. Now it could be its just come loose but it could be part of the mounting has broken. Take a look at the cpu cooler and motherboard, if no obvious damage then try reseating with fresh thermal paste after cleaning off the old paste.
I’ll take a look at this thanks, gonna take me a while but I’ll check this out thanks

Nov 11, 2022
I’ll take a look at this thanks, gonna take me a while but I’ll check this out thanks
I mean, the pump seems to be working if I’m looking into the right thing, on my bios settings aio pump is at 2100 rpm.

Nov 11, 2022
Standard 120mm liquid cooler.
Unsure of the brand.

My comment still stands...the part on the CPU is slightly off-kilter.
Sorry I’m not experienced experienced with computers, how would I change that part of the cpu that’s fully off, like behind the logo that you don’t know what brand, I take that off and move it?

USAFRet

Titan
Sorry I’m not experienced experienced with computers, how would I change that part of the cpu that’s fully off, like behind the logo that you don’t know what brand, I take that off and move it?
It needs to be removed, ALL the thermal paste cleaned off, new paste applied, and reinstalled.

If that is outside your skills, find a local shop or trusted friend to show you how.

Nov 11, 2022
It needs to be removed, ALL the thermal paste cleaned off, new paste applied, and reinstalled.

If that is outside your skills, find a local shop or trusted friend to show you how.
I’ll get a mate I know who can do it, but when taking it off will it just not slot into the exact place it was In before, nothing seems lose at all, my pc has been overheating for a while and I’ve needed thermal paste defo but ever since it dropped it got alot more worse. Thank you for you’re help

Nov 11, 2022

Completely took it out, cleaned it, changed thermal paste. Put it back in and is overheating on just the bios settings

TRENDING THREADS