[SOLVED] Dropped my processor and the corner is chipped

sonnygaming8993

Commendable
Nov 10, 2017
As the title stated, i was taking out my i5-2500 processor to change new thermal paste. As i was wiping the old paste i accidentally dropped it on the ground and the corner is chipped. The problem is, i bented it back and putted back in but it doesn't show any signal on the display. After diagnosing the problem, i found out it's the ram slot that's causing this problem. I could only use 1 slot of ram because when i insert the second stick, my pc doesn't show signals. Therefore, I tested it with my old i3 and the 2 slots of RAM worked without any issues. What i'm trying to ask is whether there's any other way to fix my i5 or i should get an entirely new processor.

Solution
As the title stated, i was taking out my i5-2500 processor to change new thermal paste. As i was wiping the old paste i accidentally dropped it on the ground and the corner is chipped. The problem is, i bented it back and putted back in but it doesn't show any signal on the display. After diagnosing the problem, i found out it's the ram slot that's causing this problem. I could only use 1 slot of ram because when i insert the second stick, my pc doesn't show signals. Therefore, I tested it with my old i3 and the 2 slots of RAM worked without any issues. What i'm trying to ask is whether there's any other way to fix my i5 or i should get an entirely new processor.
Maybe now you can upgarde to a 2600k and overclock her to 4.4Ghz 🤷‍♂️🙈
Sounds like it's toast.

Turtle Rig

Prominent
BANNED
Jun 23, 2020
Maybe now you can upgarde to a 2600k and overclock her to 4.4Ghz 🤷‍♂️🙈

Solution

TRENDING THREADS