Status
Not open for further replies.

I didn't have my brain fully engaged (to the radio) and missed some
details, but there was a short piece on today's Morning Edition about
a new tax-collection method that's being used in India. They send a
group of drummers to the tax-dodger's home to play continuously
outside. After four or five days of drumming, a worth while percentage
of the delinquents pay up to get the drummers to go away.

haha...imagine the local jr high school drum corp. Or better yet...a
beginning heavy metal drummer. Nothing worse than really sloppy double
bass overplaying....
That's nearly a biblical torture idea.
later,

> I didn't have my brain fully engaged (to the radio) and missed some
> details, but there was a short piece on today's Morning Edition about
> a new tax-collection method that's being used in India. They send a
> group of drummers to the tax-dodger's home to play continuously
> outside. After four or five days of drumming, a worth while percentage
> of the delinquents pay up to get the drummers to go away.

What's the next step, a bass solo?

dtk

On 11 Mar 2005 09:39:20 -0500, mrivers@d-and-d.com (Mike Rivers)
wrote:

>I didn't have my brain fully engaged (to the radio) and missed some
>details, but there was a short piece on today's Morning Edition about
>a new tax-collection method that's being used in India. They send a
>group of drummers to the tax-dodger's home to play continuously
>outside. After four or five days of drumming, a worth while percentage
>of the delinquents pay up to get the drummers to go away.

Nice, but it won't work on millionaires who live way back behind
gates.

Al

> haha...imagine the local jr high school drum corp. Or better yet...a
> beginning heavy metal drummer. Nothing worse than really sloppy double
> bass overplaying....

Oh please, not even close to a pipe band where the players don't know how to
tune their own pipes.

:>)

John

Mike Rivers wrote:

> I didn't have my brain fully engaged (to the radio) and missed some
> details, but there was a short piece on today's Morning Edition about
> a new tax-collection method that's being used in India. They send a
> group of drummers to the tax-dodger's home to play continuously
> outside. After four or five days of drumming, a worth while percentage
> of the delinquents pay up to get the drummers to go away.

Or maybe the delinquent tax payer's neighbors pay the taxes, or get a gun
and shoot the drummers, or the non tax paying neighbor. Either way it's
sounds ( he he) like one of those
bureaucratic *looks good on paper* plans that is completely idiotic in
practice

PapaNate

On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 09:39:20 -0500, Mike Rivers wrote:

> I didn't have my brain fully engaged (to the radio) and missed some
> details, but there was a short piece on today's Morning Edition about
> a new tax-collection method that's being used in India. They send a
> group of drummers to the tax-dodger's home to play continuously
> outside. After four or five days of drumming, a worth while percentage
> of the delinquents pay up to get the drummers to go away.

Barry Manilow has just stumbled on a new career!

--
Glenn O'Toole

"Lounge Lizard Extraordinaire
and BagPipe Tuner"

"EGO" <ego2001@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1110560448.433560.257440@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...

> > What's the next step, a bass solo?
> >
> > dtk

> Easy!

Yeah... but apparently you have to generate income.

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/4340497.stm

In article <znr1110548267k@trad>, mrivers@d-and-d.com (Mike Rivers)
wrote:

> I didn't have my brain fully engaged (to the radio) and missed some
> details, but there was a short piece on today's Morning Edition about
> a new tax-collection method that's being used in India. They send a
> group of drummers to the tax-dodger's home to play continuously
> outside. After four or five days of drumming, a worth while percentage
> of the delinquents pay up to get the drummers to go away.

I thought yo just had to pay for the pizza, to get the drummer to go
away.

There is a joke in there somewhere about 'dead beats' . . . . . .

--
John L Rice
Drummer@ImJohn.com

In article <cover-C15A57.07344712032005@news.capital.net> cover@capital.net writes:

> I thought yo just had to pay for the pizza, to get the drummer to go
> away.

No, that's just to get him to stop ringing your doorbell.

Mike Rivers wrote:

>>I thought yo just had to pay for the pizza, to get the drummer to go
>>away.
>

> No, that's just to get him to stop ringing your doorbell.

Hahahaha! Good one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS