DS Games...opinions?

The only game I picked up with my DS is Urbz and it's great... I wasn't
expecting too much but I am really enjoying it. The graphics are spectacular
but that's the game not the DS... The game is completely addictive and uses
the touch screen pretty well.

Any opions on Urbz or any other games?

"Raph" <raphs@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> The only game I picked up with my DS is Urbz and it's great... I wasn't
> expecting too much but I am really enjoying it. The graphics are
> spectacular but that's the game not the DS... The game is completely
> addictive and uses the touch screen pretty well.
>
> Any opions on Urbz or any other games?

My comment about graphics was supposed to read - "aren't spectacular" .....

shabby

I love it. I have been playing Mario for days and the graphics are amazingly
good. Smooth gameplay. Controls are difficult at first, but so are all new
inputs. We all fumled with FPS and mice at first.

Waiting for more games.

- Shabby
"Raph" <raphs@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> The only game I picked up with my DS is Urbz and it's great... I wasn't
> expecting too much but I am really enjoying it. The graphics are
> spectacular but that's the game not the DS... The game is completely
> addictive and uses the touch screen pretty well.
>
> Any opions on Urbz or any other games?

only game I bought was SMB: DS. OF course, I love it. (loved the N64 one)
Using the touch pad was a pain at 1st, but now it's great. You just need
practice.

(Dpad also works fine.... Hold Y to run = nice)

Waitin' for new games though!!

"Shabby" <none@none.com> wrote in message
>I love it. I have been playing Mario for days and the graphics are
>amazingly good. Smooth gameplay. Controls are difficult at first, but so
>are all new inputs. We all fumled with FPS and mice at first.
>
> Waiting for more games.
>
> - Shabby
> "Raph" <raphs@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> The only game I picked up with my DS is Urbz and it's great... I wasn't
>> expecting too much but I am really enjoying it. The graphics are
>> spectacular but that's the game not the DS... The game is completely
>> addictive and uses the touch screen pretty well.
>>
>> Any opions on Urbz or any other games?

"Raph" <raphs@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<Vnqod.8476$Uf.7878@twister.nyroc.rr.com>...
> The only game I picked up with my DS is Urbz and it's great... I wasn't
> expecting too much but I am really enjoying it. The graphics are spectacular
> but that's the game not the DS... The game is completely addictive and uses
> the touch screen pretty well.
>
> Any opions on Urbz or any other games?

I have the GBA version of Urbz, and while a good game, I'm finding the
second level (where you are thrown in jail) to be a challenge, since
there is no shower that I've been able to find on the whole level.
There is not even a sink in the jail cell. There is also no chair to
sit on in the cell so I have to go to the local bar to sit there when
needed. So by the time I get all the way over to the bar to wash my
hands 10 times in a row (in lieu of a shower), usually my tiredness or
some other thing needs attention and I have to go back over to the
jail to take care of it. It's been a lot of back and forth just to
keep my needs bars above the "desperation" level. I have very little
time in between to work on goals.

"Mike Harrison" <harrisonm7@home.com> wrote in message
> "Raph" <raphs@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> The only game I picked up with my DS is Urbz and it's great... I wasn't
>> expecting too much but I am really enjoying it. The graphics are
>> spectacular
>> but that's the game not the DS... The game is completely addictive and
>> uses
>> the touch screen pretty well.
>>
>> Any opions on Urbz or any other games?
>
> I have the GBA version of Urbz, and while a good game, I'm finding the
> second level (where you are thrown in jail) to be a challenge, since
> there is no shower that I've been able to find on the whole level.
> There is not even a sink in the jail cell. There is also no chair to
> sit on in the cell so I have to go to the local bar to sit there when
> needed. So by the time I get all the way over to the bar to wash my
> hands 10 times in a row (in lieu of a shower), usually my tiredness or
> some other thing needs attention and I have to go back over to the
> jail to take care of it. It's been a lot of back and forth just to
> keep my needs bars above the "desperation" level. I have very little
> time in between to work on goals.

Wait a minute the jail cell in the DS version has a shower right next to the
toilet - kind of hard to see though but everything to meet your needs is in
there.

I am already approaching the last mission in the game and wishing it was
longer - have to admit that I did look online when I got stuck in one spot
but I find myself wondering why I never played a Sims game before.

"Raph" <raphs@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<cCHpd.23837$AL5.21898@twister.nyroc.rr.com>...
> "Mike Harrison" <harrisonm7@home.com> wrote in message
> > "Raph" <raphs@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> >> The only game I picked up with my DS is Urbz and it's great... I wasn't
> >> expecting too much but I am really enjoying it. The graphics are
> >> spectacular
> >> but that's the game not the DS... The game is completely addictive and
> >> uses
> >> the touch screen pretty well.
> >>
> >> Any opions on Urbz or any other games?
> >
> > I have the GBA version of Urbz, and while a good game, I'm finding the
> > second level (where you are thrown in jail) to be a challenge, since
> > there is no shower that I've been able to find on the whole level.
> > There is not even a sink in the jail cell. There is also no chair to
> > sit on in the cell so I have to go to the local bar to sit there when
> > needed. So by the time I get all the way over to the bar to wash my
> > hands 10 times in a row (in lieu of a shower), usually my tiredness or
> > some other thing needs attention and I have to go back over to the
> > jail to take care of it. It's been a lot of back and forth just to
> > keep my needs bars above the "desperation" level. I have very little
> > time in between to work on goals.
>
> Wait a minute the jail cell in the DS version has a shower right next to the
> toilet - kind of hard to see though but everything to meet your needs is in
> there.
>
> I am already approaching the last mission in the game and wishing it was
> longer - have to admit that I did look online when I got stuck in one spot
> but I find myself wondering why I never played a Sims game before.

Hmm, I'll have to look again, then, I must have missed it.

> "Raph" <raphs@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> "Mike Harrison" <harrisonm7@home.com> wrote in message
>> > "Raph" <raphs@hotmail.com> wrote in message

>> > I have the GBA version of Urbz, and while a good game, I'm finding the
>> > second level (where you are thrown in jail) to be a challenge, since
>> > there is no shower that I've been able to find on the whole level.
>> > There is not even a sink in the jail cell. There is also no chair to
>> > sit on in the cell so I have to go to the local bar to sit there when
>> > needed. So by the time I get all the way over to the bar to wash my
>> > hands 10 times in a row (in lieu of a shower), usually my tiredness or
>> > some other thing needs attention and I have to go back over to the
>> > jail to take care of it. It's been a lot of back and forth just to
>> > keep my needs bars above the "desperation" level. I have very little
>> > time in between to work on goals.
>>
>> Wait a minute the jail cell in the DS version has a shower right next to
>> the
>> toilet - kind of hard to see though but everything to meet your needs is
>> in
>> there.
>>
>> I am already approaching the last mission in the game and wishing it was
>> longer - have to admit that I did look online when I got stuck in one
>> spot
>> but I find myself wondering why I never played a Sims game before.
>

> Hmm, I'll have to look again, then, I must have missed it.

Have you gotten to the splicer island mission? I am getting lockups at the
end of that mission and it's the only thing I have left in the game - are
you seeing this?