Question DS4 Windows Stopped Working Mysteriously

Jul 12, 2019
I have already posted this on the Windows 10 software board bout a week ago or so but no luck with replies so I figured I'd try my luck here.

Over the past few months, I've had an issue where DS4 wouldn't actually detect my controller in the controllers tab, however, it worked only on rocket league and it wouldn't work on any other games. I attempted to fix it by uninstalling the software and installing an older version. Nothing. I tried to install a newer version. Nothing. I tried ticking 'Hide DS4 Controller' and it still didn't do anything. I restarted my computer a plethora of times, I uninstalled and reinstalled the 360 drivers and the normal driver setup and I even uninstalled any previous driver software (such as scp Toolkit) but it still didn't do anything.

I tried to go into device manager and I tried to see if maybe it is my OS that isn't picking up the controller, and it shows up on windows. When I connect my PS4 controller it flashed orange once and that's it, so I figured maybe the controller is broken or something, but it works perfectly fine on my PS4. I tried different cables but to no avail. I really don't know what to do here anymore and I was hoping someone would be able to help me out.

Thank you, and I'm sorry if this has been asked before, just point me to the solution/post :)

Lutfij

Titan
You may want to state which version of Windows 10 you're working with...? You might also want to uninstall and reinstall your chipset/USB drivers and see if that changes your experience.

Speaking of drivers, mind sharing your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

I've also deleted the other thread due to lack of responses and to keep this thread as this the latest.
Lutfij

Jul 12, 2019
Thank you for deleting my old post, and I am working with @indows 10 Pro Version 1809 and here are my specs:

CPU: Intel Core i7 4770k 3.50GHz
Motherboard: Asus Z97-P
Ram: 16 GB DDR3
SSD/HDD: 1TB HDD and 480GB Toshiba SSD
GPU: Asus Strix GTX 1070 8GB
PSU: Seasonic EVO 750W (I think)

I will try uninstalling and reinstalling my chipset and USB drivers, however, I made sure they were up to date previously and nothing has changed, but trying once more won't hurt.

TRENDING THREADS