DSO Exploit - Data Miner

Sirs,
I am experiencing changing of my homepage to
http://www.msn.com/ due to DSO Exploit Data Miner'
I gather a patch needs to be made available to close off a
vulnerability in Internet Explorer and that's the only way
to really address my problem (and the problems of a lot of
others too, it seems) I'm using Windows 2000 Pro and
IEXPLORE.Exe - 6.00.2800.1105
If a patch isn't possible very soon, should I consider
reluctantly replacing Internet Explorer with another
browser?
Below is some information on my problems-

Thanking you,
Tom Hanley

GreyMagic.Com tell me that-
"There is no configuration-tweaking workaround for this
bug, it will work as long as the browser parses HTML. The
only possible solution must come in the form of a patch
from Microsoft.
"http://www.greymagic.com/security/advisories/gm001-ie/
AdAware tells me-
Vendor:possible Browser Hijack attempt
Category:Data Miner
Object Type:RegData
Size:-
Location:Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main "Start
Page" ("about:blank")
Last Activity:10-07-2004
Risk LevelMedium
Comment:possible browser hijack attempt
browser. This object referrs to a "blacklisted" site.

While Spybot says-
DSO Exploit: Data source object exploit (Registry change, )

HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersi
on\Internet Settings\Zones\0\1004!=W=3
--- Spybot - Search && Destroy version: 1.3 ---
2004-07-09 Includes\Cookies.sbi
2004-07-09 Includes\Dialer.sbi
2004-07-09 Includes\Hijackers.sbi
2004-07-09 Includes\Keyloggers.sbi
2004-05-12 Includes\LSP.sbi
2004-07-09 Includes\Malware.sbi
2004-07-09 Includes\Revision.sbi
2004-07-02 Includes\Security.sbi
2004-07-09 Includes\Spybots.sbi
2004-07-09 Includes\Tracks.uti
2004-07-09 Includes\Trojans.sbi

SpywareBlaster fixes some of the security issues
with Internet Explorer and is free. I believe the
current version is 3.2. Hope this helps.