Zaedalzayed

Prominent
May 12, 2019
I've been using basic razer gaming headset for a long but i wanted to change that and get a DT 770 pro 250 ohm but it will be using for gaming, music and stuff like that.
but i don't want to spend much on an amp or doc.
can i get suggestions for a sound card that isn't expensive and gets the job done?
and since it doesn't have a mic, what is the best mic option do i have? not really looking for something professional, its just for discord.

Solution
Does the 80 ohm version require a sound card too?

Most modern motherboards have good enough sound for just about anyone as far as quality goes. If you are worried about the power, it will be fine. If you are thinking about quality of the audio the only way to check that is to compare different setups. There are cases where even low impedance headphones can sound better when run with a headphone amp even without a better DAC, but really without trying several setups there is no way to know if you specifically will see the difference. It's just one of those things that you can't know till you try it. If you want to play around with some things, there are plenty of decent amp/dac combos under $100. I use the FX audio one...
D

Deleted member 217926

Most people find the 80ohm DT 770 to be less aggressive in the highs and the most balanced model of the 3 versions.

D

Deleted member 217926

Require to get loud? Probably not. Would it benefit from a good soundcard or external amp/DAC? Probably. But it should run fine off onboard or even most phones.

Does the 80 ohm version require a sound card too?

Most modern motherboards have good enough sound for just about anyone as far as quality goes. If you are worried about the power, it will be fine. If you are thinking about quality of the audio the only way to check that is to compare different setups. There are cases where even low impedance headphones can sound better when run with a headphone amp even without a better DAC, but really without trying several setups there is no way to know if you specifically will see the difference. It's just one of those things that you can't know till you try it. If you want to play around with some things, there are plenty of decent amp/dac combos under $100. I use the FX audio one that was $70.

Solution