DTS not Working.

abhi_2015

Reputable
Jan 7, 2016
I have done a fresh install of Windows 10 Build 10586.
I have a Gigabyte B75M-D3H Motherboard.
I installed all the latest drivers from the Gigabyte site.
5.1 DTS is not working whatsoever.
5.1 TrueHD and AC3 are working, though.
I am using a 5.1 speaker set from Creative.

Is there really no solution to this?
Do I have to go back to Windows 7/8.1 again?

Solution
I updated all my drivers in December trying to fix something that ended up being hardware, the Realtek drivers in Win 10 don't seem as good as the 7 drivers they replaced.

After getting 10 I had a period where only way to get sound in some YouTube videos was to swap sound from 5.1 to quadrophonic, something I just haven't bothered to do this time as my last sound problem was caused by my old speakers dying, nothing software could fix.

abhi_2015

Reputable
Jan 7, 2016

I had already downloaded and installed the latest drivers from Realtek.
It failed to play any 5.1 channel sound.
At least the Gigabyte driver can play AC3 and DD 5.1 through 3.5mm and HDMI!!

Colif

Win 11 Master
I don't know if its a bug in the drivers themselves but ever since December I have had a similar situation with 5.1. I only get 5.1 listening to music or videos recorded in surround. My speakers can create virtual 3d but its not the same, I can tell. I would love to know the answer as I remember what it was like before.

abhi_2015

Reputable
Jan 7, 2016
Well now that you mention December, I remembered that I installed a fresh copy of Windows 10 with a build from last September.
After it was automatically updated to the current build, this problem started.

Colif

Win 11 Master
I updated all my drivers in December trying to fix something that ended up being hardware, the Realtek drivers in Win 10 don't seem as good as the 7 drivers they replaced.

After getting 10 I had a period where only way to get sound in some YouTube videos was to swap sound from 5.1 to quadrophonic, something I just haven't bothered to do this time as my last sound problem was caused by my old speakers dying, nothing software could fix.

Solution