Dual 1.5GHz T-bird Sandra Scores

G

<A HREF="http://www.2cpu.com" target="_new">http://www.2cpu.com</A>

Bye bye, Intel............

Grizely1

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
Another lame post. I wonder why the frontal lobe of your brain shut down.... Too much crack? Too much strain from homework? Who knows.

----------------------
I don't hate Intel............ Do I?

FUGGER

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Still months away, decent score but cannot touch IA-64 scores.

Until it hits the shelves I dont believe the benchmark scores. It may be higher at release,or it may be lower.

Our current x86 based systems pull higher scores now, but thats a decent starting point for AMD.

BTW that dual P3 1Ghz score is a joke, should be around 4k+

Update, after looking at the site it seems they used a I820 MOBO.... GG

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by FUGGER on 02/06/01 03:51 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

Grizely1

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
Uhh doesn't the Itanium perform like a P75? Therefore wouldn't 2x 1.5GHz TBird's whip the Itanium's ass really bad?

----------------------

FUGGER

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Grizley, does diesel fuel run in jet engines?

SO when true 64 bit app is benched and that application cannot run on T-bird, we can say Itanium blows away Tbird at everything 64bit and laugh as if it really meant something?

G

All I know is that Im happy with my Alpha Ev67 chip sitting in my room as a paper weight. Heck! I dont get 5Gigas, but I could get decent if I ever put it into a machine :)

Anyone have an alpha compatible mother board? Ev67 chip :)

#Ranked <font color=blue>6 in US</font color=blue> 2v2 Cstrike# -Feb 7 OGL Ladder (well, it's one of the largest ladders)

G

IA64 is not a consumer level product and doesn't (currently) run 32-bit apps worth crap. 2 T-birds on the other hand probably will do great with 32-bit apps but won't do a thing with 64-bit apps. More or less, don't compare calculator processors with desktops, desktops with serious workstations and so on... right? I'd like to see the final IA64's capability and I'd like to see the final dual T-bird's capability. I bet I could find a use for them both! ;)

Charles

Grizely1

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
That doesn't even make sense! That's like saying, "lets compare how fast this car goes to how much electricity this generator can generate"

----------------------

G

I think that the line seperating workstations, servers and Pc is very blurred.There are alot of people using servers just for office apps.
There was some reasearch done on performance of 32 bit vs 64 bit apps. Scientific software was run on the Big multiprocessor 64bit systems. I think at Sandia Natnl Labs (I am looking for the source). Unless the database required gigs of RAM the 32 bit code ran faster than the 64 bit code on 64 bit processors.

Just thought I would muddy the waters.
Anim88tor

G

Just a sec. Fugger, let me check my none existant software library...

I AM Canadian.

G

The Tbird was never designed to compete with the Itanic, that's Sledge Hammers job. Oh and did you notice the Hammers (icluding the ClawHammer consumr chip) will run 32-bit code like a Palomino, and 64-bit code as well?

My money (literaly I own stock :) is on x86-64bit becoming the standard for 64-bit Wintel computing.

I AM Canadian.

G

good point fugger but the two are not competing so it is a non starter...

M

one of the first UK T-Bird users....

TRENDING THREADS