• Find an incredible deal for Black Friday or Cyber Monday? Share those epic bargains with the community by posting them in this forum thread!

Question Dual 4K with Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 5700 XT

Oct 26, 2019
Hi all,
I currently have a Sapphire Vega64 and 2x LG-27UK650-W monitors, the CPU is a Ryzen 7 1700X.

The problem I have is, with my current video card it takes about 1 minute for the monitor to get the signal and actually show something, which is already a problem in it's own with dual boot Windows and Linux. (I have to select blind, as the autoselect kicks in before the menu is even shown).

However even worse, if both monitors are connected, no matter if HDMI or DVI, Windows seem to crash into oblivion (sometimes after 30 minutes, sometimes after hours - but always immediately when I turn off the monitor), showing just a black or bright grey screen, still doing something in the background but unresponsive. If I connect only one screen, or if I connect both (dual) of my old 22' Samsung SyncMaster T220 (1680x1050), everything is fine and stable.

Now I was wondering, if getting a Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 5700 XT would solve my problem, specifically, has anyone tested such a setup or have heard about issues with dual 4K?

I'm quite desperate as the 4K dual screen seem to work on Linux, but there the Ryzen bug with cstate 0 gives me a headache. Technology ... :(

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS