[SOLVED] Dual band modem

Al-tamimi

Reputable
May 11, 2019
Hello, i have a dual band modem that shows both my 2.4G wifi and 5G wifi, I used to connect to the 5G wifi with my network adapter but now I moved to a new room which neither 5G or 2.4G networks are showing so I'm using a temp 4G network, I'm gonna get an ethernet cable tomorrow and I don't know which cable do I get or how to use the 5G internet when connecting the cable to the modem because a friend told me it'll connect to the 2.4G network,

any help?

Thanks,

Solution
Connecting with an ethernet cable precludes any WiFi, either 2.4GHz or 5GHz.

For which cable....Cat5e, the round one with solid cables (not 'flat', not CCA), in whatever length you think you need + 30%.

Al-tamimi

Reputable
May 11, 2019
update:

i got some workers to do this for me and they got me a cat6 cable saying that it will work and i connected it now it connected me to the 2.4G internet and im only getting 10mbps < updating drivers, got some help from my modem manufactures they are saying that they need to update the modem, so is it possible to connect to my 5G internet and get the maximum speed which is 200mbps?

my modem is the HUAWEI HG8245Q

USAFRet

Titan
update:

i got a cat6 cable and connected it now it connected me to the 2.4G internet and im only getting 10mbps < updating drivers, got some help from my modem manufactures they are saying that they need to update the modem, so is it possible to connect to my 5G internet and get the maximum speed which is 200mbps?

my modem is the HUAWEI HG8245Q
Again...using the cable has nothing to do with the 2.4 or 5GHz wireless.

Al-tamimi

Reputable
May 11, 2019
Again...using the cable has nothing to do with the 2.4 or 5GHz wireless.
Yeah, I know but what do I do now? cannot connect to my 5g network and can't even connect to my 2.4g with the maximum speed which is 50mbps tried changing my link speed from the device manager but when I change to "1gbps full duplex" the cable won't work anymore