Question Dual boot and cloneing

Wilbri

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2010
I seek advice about the possibility of setting up a dual boot system on my existing Windows 10 64 bit pc.

I have an old redundant PC which I built in 2009 Windows 7 Professional 32bit OS installed.
I no longer possess the installation disc and am therefore considering cloning the OS and installing this onto my current PC provided that this difference in bit rate could be tolerated.

So my first question is can I set up a dual boot system incorporating both 64 and 32 bit systems? If not, I have 4 hard drives, small SSDs, and 2 x1TB 2 HDDs, so if necessary I would be willing to dedicate one SSD to accommodate the Windows 7 32 bit OS.

My second question is how do I set up a dual boot system?
The third question is, could I use Macrium Reflect (free issue) software to clone and if not can you suggest an alternative free system?

Hello

If you have all the buying details of Windows 7, you can contact Microsoft Customer Care team and ask for their assistance.

For dual boot, you can check this thread and see if it is of some help.

About the tools, as long as you're using a license-free program or have a genuine and valid license of a paid software, you're good to go. Since almost all tools have their pros and cons, picking the right one is merely the matter of your personal preference.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!!