ram1tb

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2009
Hi Guys,

New to the forum. I want to set up a dual boot configuration using windows xp. I currently have 1 sata drive which has xp installed. Soon I will add another sata drive then put both in RAID 0. I have an old IDE drive with xp already installed. I would like to keep the sata and ide drives separated (they can't see each other). Is this possible? I would like to be able to switch between the ide and sata drive to work on applications installed on each. I apologize if I left out any information or posted this in the wrong forum.

ram1tb

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2009
Thanks for the quick reply Outlander. What would be the ideal BIOS configuration to accomplish this. I haven't found a successful combination that works yet. I have found that if I go the the disk management and remove the drive letter for the non-boot drive, it removes the visibility of it, which solves one of my problems. When I look at the boot order of the drives in the BIOS, I see the sata drive, but the ide drive is not listed. It is listed under the hard drives, but I'm not sure what BIOS configuration would allow me to see what I expected. I suspect I should see the list which would look like this.

1: sata drive
2: ide drive
3: dvd rom
4: floppy