dual boot system when using windows 10 computer shuts down

Brian_123

Commendable
May 30, 2016
I run a dual boot system windows 7 & 10 when using windows 10 computer shuts down after a few minutes .

On rebooting windows says my harddrives need to be checked (this is booting into windows 7) haven't tried rebooting into windows 10 yet .
It has done this several times and always comes up with need to check my harddrives ?Which I have let it do
Both operating systems are on the one drive in separate partitions
My system is an amd FX6300 ,24 gig of ram Asus M5A78L-MUSB3 M/B all on standard settings .

Solution
1) Check the hard drive via the manufacturer's diagnostic software.

2) Try booting into Windows 10. If successful,check Reliability History/Manager and Event Viewer. Should be some entries regarding the original shutdowns.

Ralston18

Titan
1) Check the hard drive via the manufacturer's diagnostic software.

2) Try booting into Windows 10. If successful,check Reliability History/Manager and Event Viewer. Should be some entries regarding the original shutdowns.

Solution

Brian_123

Commendable
May 30, 2016

Brian_123

Commendable
May 30, 2016
In w/7 my pc had an exclamation mark in devices & printers.(which after trying your fixes it doesn't have now ).Regarding event viewer there was nothing ,all I could find was the message computer shutdown unexpectedly, or in the Reliability History Manger.It did do a lot of updates which took several hours .It rebooted into w/10 fine,I let it run for a few hours ,no problems .shut down and booted into w/7 ,all it wanted to check this time was my backup drive