Dual Boot Windows 7 and Kali Linux Bootloader Issue

zjuventus14

Honorable
Sep 14, 2013
Hello all,

Today I installed Kali Linux to dual boot with Windows 7. Now a few issues have arisen. Kali has no problems, and works perfectly fine. However, when I select Windows 7 Loader from the GRUB boot menu, I am then directed to the Windows 7 boot menu, which gives me two options. Windows 7, and another option that is used to complete the Kali Installation, which has already been used. If I select Windows 7, I also do not boot into Windows. Instead, a number of cyan lines appear at the top left corner of the monitor. This did not concern me, as these appeared when loading into Windows even before the Linux installation. However, now, along with the lines, the top section of my screen, about 1/30th of it, has random colored pixels all across the screen, and the boot does not continue. I know this post was a mouthful, but I hope someone can help. I DO have a Windows installation USB as well as product key, if needed.

Thank you.

zjuventus14

Honorable
Sep 14, 2013

Yes to both. However, no need for any more help. After overcoming several issues with repair this computer, eventually startup repair was able to fix the problem.

USAFRet

Titan

OK then!