Dual boot Windows 7 Pro and Ultimate (on SSD and HDD)

Gamefreak924

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2016
Hello. I currently have a PC with Windows 7 Ultimate (and Linux dual-booted) on it, though the HDD was taken out of a different computer and the drive also has a small amount of storage space on it, and has that problem with the "Windows is not genuine" problem. I have just bought an actual copy of Windows 7 Pro, as well as an SSD. (All 64-bit OS' btw)

I am wondering how I should go about installing Windows 7 Pro onto the SSD, and then moving over my data from the old HDD to the new SSD. I will be moving back the old HDD into its original computer system.

Current setup is: Three HDDs - 80GB (W7 Ult & Linux Mint), 500GB (from laptop), 2TB
Asus P5K3 Deluxe
Core 2 Duo E8600
GTX 970 (don't comment about the terrible bottleneck lol)
550W PSU

Gamefreak924

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2016

ok so I have Windows running, but now how do I get all of my data onto the new one? Also, iTunes isn't working (which is installed on one of the other drives), and Firefox isn't loading with my favorites or add-ons (which was also on a different drive).

you can connect your old drives back up and copy any files like ducuments, music, video, and pictures over but you will need to reinstall all your programs on the new drive because your fresh copy of windows will not have all the registry entries to run from the old drive