Dual-Boot Windows Xp + Xubuntu (will there be ANY lag whatsoever)

Zedlox

Reputable
Aug 28, 2014
Basically what the title says

These are my planned specs

8 GB DDR3 Kingston HyperX Black Fury RAM
Intel i5 4440
Samsun 840 Evo 128 GB SSD
No GFX

Any other details are here

http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/user/Zedlox/saved/2hstt6

Will this dual boot Xubuntu and XP with NO LAG and fast boots on each OS?

Xubuntu is for main stuff, so it will most probably get a spot on my SSD, while XP is mainly for gaming, so it will be on my HDD (or possibly both on my SSD based on space left) storage is not an issue with a 3 TB HDD at my disposal.

Thanks!

Solution
Xp doesnt support ahci sata mode. you will need to install both OS's in ide mode.
Xp is not supported so dont be surprised if you dont find drivers for everything on the motherbd.
Xp doesnt support booting from 3tb hdd, you will need to install it to the ssd.
Xp doesnt support uefi so you will need to disable secure boot or change it to other OS.

As for lag, you will have the initial (lag) time to select which OS to boot and then you will load at IDE speeds from the SSD (so dont expect to see more than about ~245mb/s in benchamrks) and boot in about 20s.

popatim

Titan
Xp doesnt support ahci sata mode. you will need to install both OS's in ide mode.
Xp is not supported so dont be surprised if you dont find drivers for everything on the motherbd.
Xp doesnt support booting from 3tb hdd, you will need to install it to the ssd.
Xp doesnt support uefi so you will need to disable secure boot or change it to other OS.

As for lag, you will have the initial (lag) time to select which OS to boot and then you will load at IDE speeds from the SSD (so dont expect to see more than about ~245mb/s in benchamrks) and boot in about 20s.

Solution