Dual boot WinXP Home & WinXP Pro

I have XP Home installed on my C: drive. I added a partition D:for XP Pro.
But when I try to boot from the XP Pro installation disk, I get a message
that it cannot be loaded because I already have a later version of the
program installed. My laptop has no floppy drive, so how do I get the system
booted up to install to the new partition? Thanks
Duke

bar

Do not attempt to install from within Xp Home.

You should set your PC BIOS to boot off the CD / DVD and insert the
Installation CD.

"Duke99" wrote:

> I have XP Home installed on my C: drive. I added a partition D:for XP Pro.
> But when I try to boot from the XP Pro installation disk, I get a message
> that it cannot be loaded because I already have a later version of the
> program installed. My laptop has no floppy drive, so how do I get the system
> booted up to install to the new partition? Thanks
> Duke

Hi,

Boot into WinXP Home, insert the Pro disk. Choose "new installation" from
the setup prompt, direct it to the new partition.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Duke99" <Duke99@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have XP Home installed on my C: drive. I added a partition D:for XP Pro.
> But when I try to boot from the XP Pro installation disk, I get a message
> that it cannot be loaded because I already have a later version of the
> program installed. My laptop has no floppy drive, so how do I get the
> system
> booted up to install to the new partition? Thanks
> Duke

Tried this, but installation CD still refuses to load because it finds the
previously installed version of XP.

"BAR" wrote:

> Do not attempt to install from within Xp Home.
>
> You should set your PC BIOS to boot off the CD / DVD and insert the
> Installation CD.
>
> "Duke99" wrote:
>
> > I have XP Home installed on my C: drive. I added a partition D:for XP Pro.
> > But when I try to boot from the XP Pro installation disk, I get a message
> > that it cannot be loaded because I already have a later version of the
> > program installed. My laptop has no floppy drive, so how do I get the system
> > booted up to install to the new partition? Thanks
> > Duke

When I insert the Pro disk, there is no "new installation " offered. I can
choose "install WinXP", but this is when I get the error message about the
newer installation already on the computer.