Question Dual Boot

FredoGodoFredo

Commendable
Oct 14, 2021
Hello, I have Windows 10 installed on an ssd and I am enjoying the speed of booting up the operating system, for work reasons I need to install Ubuntu 22.04.2 LTS on the same ssd, then creating a dual boot, my question is if I create a dual boot, could I lose the boot speed of Windows 10?

USAFRet

Titan
Hello, I have Windows 10 installed on an ssd and I am enjoying the speed of booting up the operating system, for work reasons I need to install Ubuntu 22.04.2 LTS on the same ssd, then creating a dual boot, my question is if I create a dual boot, could I lose the boot speed of Windows 10?
No, but it depends on how you do it, and what "boot speed" you are grasping at.

With a dualboot system, at some point there needs to be a choice.
Or wait whatever default time you've set up for the system to default to whichever drive and OS you've set as default.

For instance, if Windows is the default, and your GRUB is set to 15 seconds before it goes to the default...are you counting that new 15 seconds in your overall boot time?

FredoGodoFredo

Commendable
Oct 14, 2021
Thanks for answering, the grub menu seconds are not a problem, my question is when to start windows after being selected in the grub menu, Will it be the same speed or will it change?