Question Dual-booting and hard drives showing

scho

Prominent
Jan 28, 2019
Hello,

I recently set up a dual boot on my computer.
I installed windows 10 OS separately on my SSD (C: ) and HDD (D: )

I installed it first on my (C: ) drive, and it shows the status in disk management as Healthy (boot, page file, crash, dump, basic data partition).
I then used the windows installer and installed the OS on my (D: ) drive, and it shows the status as Healthy (Basic data partition).

My intention was that these two OS act completely independent of one another, and no information is shared between the two OS.
I wanted to save sensitive personal information in one OS, and use the other OS more leisurely that may attract malware more frequently.

I was able to successfully install windows 10 on each drive , and now when i boot up the computer, it asks which windows I want to boot up. (I assume based on this I now have two OS installed). Therefore, i thought i thought the dual boot was set up.

However, i noticed that when I boot into either one of the OS, both the C and D drives are still visible under "My PC".

How do I fix this so that when I boot into one OS, only the applicable drive shows up?

scho

Prominent
Jan 28, 2019
It also appears that some things are indepedent while others are not...

all the motherboard drivers i downloaded in one OS is being recognized in the other OS.. and all files that i delete are showing up in the recycle bin in both OS...

meanwhile, programs that i download such as steam are only installed in the OS that i did the installation on..

How do I make the two OS completely independent of each other in every aspect?

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS