Dual Booting Help

Kiefer Fitch

Reputable
Jun 3, 2016
So I have 2x 1TB HDD in my computer. Looking back on my idiot self, I realize I shouldn't have done this, but I have Win 10 on one drive and Ubuntu on the other drive. I will be selling my computer soon so I need to tidy this issue up and get back to just Win 10 using both drives without Ubuntu installed.

Maybe there's a simple fix and I just can't think about it, or maybe it's complicated and I still can't think about it. Any help would be much appreciated on my issue. Thank you.

USAFRet

Titan

Easy way to start:
Power off
Disconnect the drive with Ubuntu on it
See if it boots properly.

Kiefer Fitch

Reputable
Jun 3, 2016
Well I know my computer works with both operating systems. I can run in Win 10, or I can access my BIOS and switch the startup drive over to the one with Ubuntu and run it from there. Everything works regularly and perfect, I just don't want Ubuntu. Maybe I didn't quite understand your intent for your answer, if so I appologize

I had to reread this entire thread again because I do not understand the issue. What USAFRet suggested seems very simple and logical, it will be a great test of the system. But since the solution is one click away, reformat the hard drive, I don't understand the issue.

Kiefer Fitch

Reputable
Jun 3, 2016

Okay, yea that is really simple:p I'm not very good with this specific type of stuff (drives and linux and whatnot), so forgive my ignorance. One last question. Can i do that from the Ubuntu OS? Because the drive doesn't show up in file explorer on Windows

Kiefer Fitch

Reputable
Jun 3, 2016
I appologize for the inconvenience. All I had to do was go through diskpart and run some simple commands. Thanks for everyone who answered and helped, even though it was painful probably to see someone this stupid :p