[SOLVED] Dual booting Win 10 with OSX El Capitan on late 2009 Mac Mini

Status
Not open for further replies.

grimfoot

Reputable
Oct 21, 2015
Disappointed to find that my Mac Mini isn't on the approved list for dual booting Win10 with OSX. It's a machine provided by my work (I teach) and I've got Win10 Pro 64bit with a product key. I've also got the iso for Win10 pro. Is there any way of forcing an install - I don't have an optical drive although I could get one if necessary - or is it simply not possible? Thanks in advance.

Solution
As already said, this computer belongs to the school so you should check with the IT people there that they are happy for you to do this.

Having done that, it should be straightforward: http://www.cnet.com/uk/how-to/how-to-install-windows-10-on-a-mac/

itmoba

Reputable
Aug 14, 2015
If the machine is provided by your employer, then, you don't actually own the computer -- the IT department is responsible for the care and maintenance of the computer, not you.

You should never mingle your software licenses with theirs. Once you install Windows 10 (assuming it's OEM), it's stuck to that computer; this presents a situation of "co-mingling" and the legal details will depend on your contract with them. I strongly advise against installing Windows 10 without the explicit written consent from the IT and appropriate parties.

McHenryB

Admirable
As already said, this computer belongs to the school so you should check with the IT people there that they are happy for you to do this.

Having done that, it should be straightforward: http://www.cnet.com/uk/how-to/how-to-install-windows-10-on-a-mac/

Solution

grimfoot

Reputable
Oct 21, 2015
Hi guys. My IT people are quite happy for me to proceed, "my" Mac Mini is only used for school, the Win10 that I have is provided by the school and licensed to the school. If and when I move on, it all gets returned to them anyway. Thanks for your input, I'll give that solution a try!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS