Question Dual booting with 2 different versions of win 10

Dadrian Daedalus

Distinguished
May 25, 2015
i have win 10 1909 installed on my primary partition (C drive),i am planning to install an older release of win 10(V 1803 to be precise) on another partition of a secondary HDD of my pc in order to run some older softwares & games-could that potentially have any adverse effects on my primary win 10 installation?

Also i usually keep fast boot enabled to make the boot time quicker-will installing 2 different versions of windows 10 on 2 partitions prevent fast boot on either OS from working properly?

Dadrian Daedalus

Distinguished
May 25, 2015
i have an older copy of win 10 1803 which doesn't include the meltdown and spectre patches

On my updated win 10 installation,some games run noticeably slower-it could be due to the fact that my system is pretty old or due to the recent updates that were included by M$ in newer builds.

hence i was thinking of trying v 1803 for a while to check whether any performance improvements are observed or not.

but after reading about the potential drawbacks of using this method,i have decided not to go ahead with it.I dont want anything to mess up my primary win 10 installation containing a lot of important data.

TRENDING THREADS