Question Dual Channel 8GB RAM VS DUAL Channel 16 GB RAM ?

Apr 6, 2019
I am currently using 2x4 GB CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 2400 MHz DDR4 ram .I want to upgrade it to 2x8 2400 MHz ram as i have only 2 slots .But my question will it be a worthy upgrade ? Will my fps be more stable or waste of money? I searched so many forums and channels but found only single channel 8GB vs dual channel 8 GB means 16 GB .Unfortunately didn't find any DUAL CHANNEL 8 GB VS DUAL CHANNEL 16 GB .Thank you so much if you can help.

So... you're wanting to know whether more RAM will help fps? If so then I believe it will depend on the game's usage of the available RAM, and whether things are sent to the page file. Additional RAM would help in those cases as the page file would be slower than having things in the RAM. In other cases it will be the frequency of the RAM which may aid fps, but that varies from game to game.

But the comparison you mention doesn't seem to be correct. Single channel 8GB should be compared to 2x4GB in dual channel configurations. Seems odd to compare 2x4GB to 2x8GB to me.

Apr 6, 2019
So... you're wanting to know whether more RAM will help fps? If so then I believe it will depend on the game's usage of the available RAM, and whether things are sent to the page file. Additional RAM would help in those cases as the page file would be slower than having things in the RAM. In other cases it will be the frequency of the RAM which may aid fps, but that varies from game to game.

But the comparison you mention doesn't seem to be correct. Single channel 8GB should be compared to 2x4GB in dual channel configurations. Seems odd to compare 2x4GB to 2x8GB to me.
Okay . But I found that single channel 8GB vs Dual channel (4x2) 8GB comparison and on this comparison Dual channel were better so I have just tried to compare it to what will it do in comparison with Dual Channel 16 GB (8x2). Does it perform better or equal or less than it ? As I know less on ram memory I may say something wrong and sorry for it as well as it would be a nice help if someone could clear my misconception.

The issue with comparing 8GB and 16GB is introducing more variables. In this case you'd be introducing the quantity of RAM and the configuration. When benchmarking for comparisons there should only be one variable. Basically it's the scientific method of investigation.

As for whether it performs better, I've mentioned it previously: it depends on the software's usage. For example, if a game only requires 2GB of RAM, then what difference would an additional 6GB or 14GB make?

On the other side, again previously mentioned, is if a game requires 10GB of RAM, and only 8GB is available it would require the usage of the hard drive's page file to move data back and forth which is generally a slower process.

But generally in the same quantity of RAM in single or dual channel configuration, dual channel sometimes has improvements of a few fps (game dependent).