Dual channel after installing new RAM windows 7 x64 won't start (2x4gb dd3, total of 8GB, Kingmax)

mbaric

Reputable
Apr 19, 2015
Dear people,

1) Older RAM that is working
Kingmax Semiconductor FLGF65F-C8KL9A 4GB
Description: PC3-10600, 1.5V, CAS Supported: 6 7 8 9
Other names: Kingmax Semiconductor FLGF65F-C8KL9A
Memory First Benchmarked: 2012-10-07
http://http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51rN4on6LoL.jpg

2) Newer, bought this week, sadly not working
Kingmax FLGF65F-D8KMB CAU 4GB DDR3-1600
http://www.protis.hr/products/details/memorija-kingmax-ddr3-1600mhz-4gb-1x4gb-nonecc-cl90-128mx8-flgf/40434

Images of RAM {Newer, bought this week}:

#Summary of problem

Older RAM is functioning Kingmax Semiconductor FLGF65F-C8KL9A 4GB with no problem at all. When I pull out OLDER one and leave just he NEW one Kingmax FLGF65F-D8KMB CAU 4GB DDR3-1600, it freezes after BIOS load and on start up of Windows (Those little sparkles red,green,blue,yellow should fly on Windows start up). I am going for REAL nuts for last couple of days. I also have a friend in hardware store he tested the memory it is working for him on his computer he also did the testing, test come all good, so it must be something with my configuration that is not good for thins NEW RAM module.

I kindly ask you ALL hereto help me out is if those 2 memory modules won't function together (explanation why they don't function together is there a way to fix it)

IF NOT ::
1) which other RAM module (4GB DDR3) brand I can test, buy or see that is compatible with the older one? (Kingmax Semiconductor FLGF65F-C8KL9A 4GB )
2) On what technical characteristics do I have to watch out when buying a new one (I know I could unplug the computer and deliver it to my friends market but I don't want to hassle him more, that is why.)

Please provide links and technical details, ebay if possible so I can check if it exists in Croatia market.

Thank you all for your consideration and time.

Kindest regards,
Matija

ShakedG

Reputable
Dec 2, 2014
Did you buy a new RAM stick? So you had a single old stick and tried to add a single new stick? Also when you pulled the old one out and put the new one in did you put it in the same socket as the old one was?

mbaric

Reputable
Apr 19, 2015
Hi Night Owl,

Did you buy a new RAM stick?
>> You mean new RAM module right, yes I did.

So you had a single old stick and tried to add a single new stick?
>> Yes that is right, before I had Kingmax Semiconductor FLGF65F-C8KL9A 4GB, and last week I bought Kingmax FLGF65F-D8KMB CAU 4GB DDR3-1600

Also when you pulled the old one out and put the new one in did you put it in the same socket as the old one was?
>> Yes I did, I tried both slots on mother board (I have two of them in total). When the new stick as you said is alone on motherboard, windows won't also start, but when I take the NEW one out and put OLD one in it works as it should.

ShakedG

Reputable
Dec 2, 2014

Can you access the BIOS? If it is possible, then try putting just the new one in, then go into the BIOS and manually set the DRAM frequency and the timings.

mbaric

Reputable
Apr 19, 2015

Thank you for your answer ShakedG...

Can you access the BIOS?
>> Yes I can.

If it is possible, then try putting just the new one in, then go into the BIOS and manually set the DRAM frequency and the timings.
>> I tried that too. The automatic values that are represented in BIOS for RAM are:
DRAM Frequency -> Haven't found it where I could change it in BIOS, but will look into it more....
RAS# to CAS# Delay (tRCD) 9
RAS# Precharge (tRP) 8
Cycle Time (tRAS) 8
Cycle Time (tRAS) 20

Which is weird (I mean the combination or am I wrong ?!). If you check the images it says different combinations, for example 9-9-9-24 (which I tried by the way with no luck), you are more than free to provide further suggestions that I can try out please. DRAM I haven't found nowhere to check maybe it could be in some POWER options in BIOS, have to look little more in, If I find it should I set it to higher or lower Mhz?!

mbaric

Reputable
Apr 19, 2015

Will check it when I get back home, currently at work, and will let you know what I found out. Thanks, see you soon.

mbaric

Reputable
Apr 19, 2015
Sorry for late update. I have borrowed once more one RAM from my friend which was double sided HP 2GB ddr3 1066Mhz and when I put it in it was working like a charm. So basically it comes down to this that I need double sided ddr3 ram to work which these day is very rare.

TRENDING THREADS