Question Dual channel getting single channel performance?

Jun 7, 2023
Hi all. I have recently added a RAM stick to my motherboard, the same model as my first one. My CPU is an Intel Core i5 10400 and my GPU is a ASUS TUF GTX 1650 Super. I added a stick of RAM with the intention of going from single channel to dual channel, as I've heard that it improves performance (which beforehand I saw was lacking in comparison to benchmarks). After upgrading I noticed a significant improvement in performance, for reference, I played Spiderman Remastered on medium settings, previously I got around 30 fps, after the upgrade it jumped to 60. All was well for a while until a few days later performance suddenly degraded, as if the computer reverted to single channel. I did a clean windows reinstall, and I also made sure RAM was infact still dual channel in CPU-Z. I do not recall making any changes to software or hardware which may have caused this sudden degradation. Another thing to note is that my motherboard has only two RAM slots. What could've caused this and how can I solve it? I really hope someone can advise me on how to fix this issue.

Jun 7, 2023
Motherboard: ASUS PRIME H410M-E
RAM: 2x8 DDR4 KVR Kingston 2666Mhz
PSU: Antec V500P PLUS
SSD: SanDisk SSD Plus 2.5" SATA 1TB

Tested while playing:
CPU usage and temp - 20%-30% / 59 to 64 Degrees
GPU usage and temp - 98%-99% / 47 to 67 Degrees
RAM usage - Around 35%
SSD usage - Does not go higher than 4% when swinging around

Run cpu-Z, It will verify that you are, or are not running in dual channel mode.
Verify that you have one stick installed in each channel.

Lastly, there is no guarantee that ram not from the same kit will operate properly.
You may be able to compensate if your motherboard bios permits you to increase the ram voltage past the normal spec.

Jun 7, 2023
Already ran CPU-Z and made sure it was in fact dual channel. RAM is installed in both slots. Also, the RAM operated properly and as expected for a while, I don't see a reason why all of a sudden it won't.

Jun 7, 2023
No test or benchmark that I've done has helped me pinpoint the source of this issue. Considering it persists even after a complete reboot, it has to do either with hardware or bios, none of which I've touched.