Question Dual Channel Problem

Smilex93

Commendable
Dec 3, 2016
Hello I have a a problem with some RAM Sticks.
If I install Sticks into Slot 1 and Slot 2 system doesn't boot up. Also it doesn't if I install 1 Module in same Slots.
EZ Debug Ram LED is on
But if I install into Slot 3 and Slot 4 System boots up.
EZ Debug LED is off

And here comes for me the weird part. If I install Sticks into Slot 2 and 4 or Slot 1 and 3 System also boots up and recognizes both Modules but no Dual Channel. Windows 10 says 4 GB usable instead of full 8GB

Maybe the CPU is broken, cuz i installed a new Cooler into it. My old Cooler has taken the CPU within. Some pins were bended. I've positioned it correctly but I think CPU is broken anyway. All things were ok before this installment.

AMD Ryzen 5 1600X
MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon AC
Crucial Ballistix 4GB Dual Kit

compprob237

Distinguished
If you install a single stick of RAM then you install that single stick to DIMMA2
If you install two sticks then DIMMA2 + DIMMB2
The system should boot from each individual stick. If it is not booting from that stick then it is possibly bad, the CPU's IMC doesn't like that stick (Ryzen's are a little picky), or the motherboard doesn't like that stick.

Did you gently bend those bent CPU pins back in place?
Did you clamp the CPU back down properly according to the CPU install procedure as outlined in the manual?
Have you updated the BIOS? The most recent version, 7B85v14, has "Improved memory compatibility." so it may be a good idea to update to it if you haven't.
Have you tried both sticks individually in DIMMA2?
Have you tried resetting the BIOS (unplug the computer, wait 30 seconds, jump JBAT1 for 5-10 seconds, plug the computer back in) or loading the defaults?