[SOLVED] Dual Channel problem.

May 20, 2021
Hello, so yesterday i was changing my aircooler into aio, my cpu came out with the aircooler with bent pins, i straightened all pins but 1 pin broke, but the pc is booting just fine. but the issue is the pc no longer boots with dual channel, it only works with 1 stick. it used to work just fine before with 2 sticks.

Specs : Ryzen 5 5600g, 3200Mhz x8 GB sticks. Asus TUF B550m Gaming PLUS.

Could it be the CPU that causing the issue?

Solution
Likely, the bent pin is the cause.
I know that on intel processors, a bent pin in the socket often shows up as ram slot issues or single/dual channel operation.

And in the future, run the cpu a bit to heat it up and soften the paste first before shutting down and removing the cooler.
I know that on intel processors, a bent pin in the socket often shows up as ram slot issues or single/dual channel operation.

And in the future, run the cpu a bit to heat it up and soften the paste first before shutting down and removing the cooler.

Solution
May 20, 2021

I've had this cooler on 2 different computers, i took them out multiple times without any issue. yesterday was just an unlucky day.