WildCard999

Titan
You can certainly try another module with the same specs but there's no guarantee it'll work even if identical as memory is tested to work together which is why it's sold in kits. Wherever you buy from just make sure they allow for returns if it doesn't work.

May 16, 2020
You can certainly try another module with the same specs but there's no guarantee it'll work even if identical as memory is tested to work together which is why it's sold in kits. Wherever you buy from just make sure they allow for returns if it doesn't work.
If i just put the ram in will the proformance of my pc, increase or not?

Your performance will not change significantly unless you are now short of ram.
Look at task manager memory performance monitor.
If you see a hard fault page rate greater than 0, you need more ram.

Dual channel helps a lot if you are using integrated graphics, otherwise, not so much.

Also, you need a 64 bit os to use more than 4gb of ram.

Reactions: WildCard999
May 16, 2020
Your performance will not change significantly unless you are now short of ram.
Look at task manager memory performance monitor.
If you see a hard fault page rate greater than 0, you need more ram.

Dual channel helps a lot if you are using integrated graphics, otherwise, not so much.

Also, you need a 64 bit os to use more than 4gb of ram.
What do u mean by 'short of ram'?
and i have gt1030 ,so if i put any ram but with same freq. and capacity my game lags will decrease, right?

What do u mean by 'short of ram'?
and i have gt1030 ,so if i put any ram but with same freq. and capacity my game lags will decrease, right?
By short of ram, I mean not enough ram

I don't see your connection with the GT1030.
Lagging in a game will because of a slow cpu or a slow graphics card.
If you have so little ram compared to your needs, it will look like a slow cpu so you want to have sufficient ram.
Ram prices are cheap for 4gb. Perhaps $10 on ebay.

GT1030 is about the slowest graphics card that is considered as gaming.
I don't know what your cpu is.

May 16, 2020
By short of ram, I mean not enough ram

I don't see your connection with the GT1030.
Lagging in a game will because of a slow cpu or a slow graphics card.
If you have so little ram compared to your needs, it will look like a slow cpu so you want to have sufficient ram.
Ram prices are cheap for 4gb. Perhaps $10 on ebay.

GT1030 is about the slowest graphics card that is considered as gaming.
I don't know what your cpu is.
First i played gta 5 on gt710 and now i have gt1030.On gt710 the lag was very less and i also had 4gb ram a fx4300 processor.But when i upgraded to gt1030 then i started getting lags not small like small frame drops.But like big.Like the game is running smoothly on 70fps then suddenly the frame drops upto 15 or less.Then i saw that my ram is fully consumed.So thats why i thought it must be the ram issue.

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
First i played gta 5 on gt710 and now i have gt1030.On gt710 the lag was very less and i also had 4gb ram a fx4300 processor.But when i upgraded to gt1030 then i started getting lags not small like small frame drops.But like big.Like the game is running smoothly on 70fps then suddenly the frame drops upto 15 or less.Then i saw that my ram is fully consumed.So thats why i thought it must be the ram issue.
Open up task manager and run the game and see how much of your memory your using. 4GB is very low since just the OS can use 2gb or so.

Now what type of windows do you have if you have a 32 bit version you can only use 4GB if you have a 64bit version you can use more.

May 16, 2020
Open up task manager and run the game and see how much of your memory your using. 4GB is very low since just the OS can use 2gb or so.

Now what type of windows do you have if you have a 32 bit version you can only use 4GB if you have a 64bit version you can use more.
I have Msi afterburner in that my ram consumption is at like 3900mb or plus. While i am playing the game.But normally it is like at 20-30%% of the total.
My windows is Windows 10 Pro 64bit.Fully Upgraded.

May 16, 2020
Just a guess that your FX-4300 or it's motherboard is overheating.
When that happens, it will slow down until it cools off.
See what happens if you take the case covers off and direct a house fan at the insides.
The cases covers are already off.But i never tried using an table fan. I will try.My Cpu temp is at 60 min. while playing the game.
Sometimes my game is like for first 30min the game will run smoothly.But after some time it will start lagging.I guess that's because of the mobo heating.

May 16, 2020
Just a guess that your FX-4300 or it's motherboard is overheating.
When that happens, it will slow down until it cools off.
See what happens if you take the case covers off and direct a house fan at the insides.
when i used a fan then the drops was very less.It only lags when someone shoots or bumps car or when i get in a car with someone else when someone else is driving.So m\now how can i remove those Drops?