CeroCry

Prominent
May 25, 2019
Can someone who knows stuff about dual channel and flex memory mode explain to me , what's the difference between them ?

I've read a comment somewhere, where someone said "single channel < flex memory mode < dual channel".

I am going for a laptop which will have 8GB + 4GB RAM and want to know what is this flex memory mode. Is it really better than single channel and why is it worse than dual channel.

Thanks in advance!

kanewolf

Titan
Can someone who knows stuff about dual channel and flex memory mode explain to me , what's the difference between them ?

I've read a comment somewhere, where someone said "single channel < flex memory mode < dual channel".

I am going for a laptop which will have 8GB + 4GB RAM and want to know what is this flex memory mode. Is it really better than single channel and why is it worse than dual channel.

Thanks in advance!
Flex memory happens when the two DIMMs aren't the same size. In your case you will have 8GB (4GB DIMM1 and 4GB DIMM2 ) in dual channel and the other 4GB of DIMM1 will be in single channel mode since the second DIMM only has 4GB. Some of the memory will perform faster than other parts.

CeroCry

Prominent
May 25, 2019
Flex memory happens when the two DIMMs aren't the same size. In your case you will have 8GB (4GB DIMM1 and 4GB DIMM2 ) in dual channel and the other 4GB of DIMM1 will be in single channel mode since the second DIMM only has 4GB. Some of the memory will perform faster than other parts.
Hey thanks for the reply! Will it be as good as having dual channel?