Dual-chip multi-core water cooling kits?

enojones

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2009
So, here's the issue:

Two chips - 6-cores on each. Most of the air-coolers and LCS kits I see are designed for singular chips. Hoping that a heat-sink can be applied to each chip and the heat-dissapating pipes can lead off in opposite directions to support cooling fans.

Concept would be the same for an LCS. Any suggestions?

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
Do you want this moved to the watercooling forum? I'm not sure if you are seriously looking for a liquid cooling solution, or if this is a hypothetical question? Let me know- I can move this over if you want.

Give the watercooling sticky a read-through. Not sure you really want to waste your time or money with a closed loop cooler (Corsair/Antec/etc).

enojones

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2009
Air cooling is fine--liquid cooling seems too risky and overkill. Maybe if I were calculating missile trajectories or modeling weather patterns...air cool should be fine for gaming and nightly builds of source trees.

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
Watercooling isn't risky unless you do it half-assed. If you have tendencies for this, I'd advise a different route, or practice being more patient and attentive to details.

Watercooling may/may not be overkill- it really depends on what your idea of adequate is.

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
Not many people run TEC's anymore, but you can still get them. They require you to do a fair amount of motherboard/PCB insulation and waterproofing to prevent shorts from condensation building up and contacting hardware. Anytime you run sub-ambient cooling, you have to account for this, whether it be TEC/Pelts, phase change or even a water chiller.

No, I usually tend to do the job full-assed with patience and attention to details and persistence.

That's what I like to hear. That being said- do you want this moved to the watercooling forum?