Dual Core - Intel vs. AMD

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

roofus

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2008
i have an e8400 and a 6000+ living about 10 feet from eachother lol. the e8400 definitely is faster. if you just surf, check email and tool around in Office they are indistinguishable. for that matter, crap like that my 3000+ does pretty much the same. as far as gaming, there are major gains with the e8400.
this was my first Intel purchase in over a decade and at the time i felt like i committed a crime for buying it. no such regrets now. it was an awakening for me when it comes to brand loyalty. brand loyalty in technology is not your friend.

average joe

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2009
I"m going to have to go with Intel as well. I have owned both but Intel does deserve credit with the core 2 chips. This is my first Intel chip since the Pentium 2 450. I wasn't really devoted fan as much as I was a quality and bargin shopper. The AMD X2 was just better chip than the P4. The Barton was a great processor too. The K6-2 and K3 were not as good as the P3 but they a much much cheaper.
All the super socket 7 chips they made I felt like that one motherboard lasted me like 10 years.