Dual cpu and Nforce

juin

Distinguished
May 19, 2001
After a good look at the battle on the dual cpu.Clearly Intel win.I was surprise by the low clock of the AMD.I was surprise by the fact that toms (the site) say that P4 have a 500 mhz of adventage we all now that is dont change anything the clock frenquency on P4.

If he done as he say (the site) the Atlhon mp will have a higher clock frenquency.Does intel will release a 2ghz soon.

Take a little math and expectation

1.5 for AMD vs 2 for intel.So is keep the same 500 mhz of diffenrence.The % will change so AMD will close the gap for sure.Even if AMD beat will willi.When northwood will be release that be the end of AMD for at lease 6 month and the next battlefield will be the X86-64.

For the nforce.

I wait to see real benchmark but 1 thing for sure does is twinmemory bank look like familiar (Rimm).I fear many thing in this.I was more impresse by the hypertransport by AMD the made the whole concept by it self.Bravo

G

"After a good look at the battle on the dual cpu.Clearly Intel win."

I can't say I was impressed at this site's review of the dual ssystems. You should probably also look at the benchmarks at www.anandtech.com and www.aceshardware.com before making any conclusions. They are more tailored to workstation environments.

I wouldn't get your hopes up for anything. Based on what I see I am very concerned about Intel's future (and my job as I work for Intel.. so you know where my bias resides).

G

Agree..I think aceshardware has the best review. They have alot of 3D rendering.
sysmark 2001 and games is not something to buy a dual setup for.

G

I was surprise by the fact that toms (the site) say that P4 have a 500 mhz of adventage we all now that is dont change anything the clock frenquency on P4.
If the clock frequency doesn't change anything, why does the P4 1.4 Ghz get its butt whipped by any Thunderbird you choose?

Aklein

It's raining outside, and my lawn has grown a foot overnight!

juin

Distinguished
May 19, 2001
That the point a P4 1.4 get beat by a 1.333 t-bird so clock frenquency is not a good reférence.

So i start to think that toms is a AMD fan and Nvisia.I have do not see any place that say ATI have the best quality graphic.I dont see a post that say that P4 is faster on bigger apps like photoshop and video and many others.He dont say that win 98se use 16bit/32bit instruction dont slow down the L2 cache of the P4.He dont say that win 2000 pro use only 32bit instruction so that speed up he proccesse.

kurokaze

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2001
I dont see a post that say that P4 is faster on bigger apps like photoshop and video and many others.
if you go through all of his CPU articles on the P4 you'll
find that he does concede that P4 is faster on the
multimedia stuff. (read: FlasK)

He dont say that win 2000 pro use only 32bit instruction so that speed up he proccesse
Here's the review under Win2000.

<A HREF="http://www.tomshardware.com/cpu/00q4/001206/index.html" target="_new">http://www.tomshardware.com/cpu/00q4/001206/index.html</A>

Juin, as much as I don't want to flame you for your views,
I don't think you've done enough research on your part.
Obviously you haven't read Tom's long enough to know that
he has in the past <A HREF="http://www.tomshardware.com/cpu/99q1/990114/index.html" target="_new">given AMD a hard time</A>.

He has in the past <A HREF="http://www.tomshardware.com/graphic/98q2/980427/index.html" target="_new">ridiculed Nvidia</A> for having good frame
rates but crappy image quality.

Your arguments need to be more thought out.

Intel Components, AMD Components... all made in Taiwan!

jlbigguy

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
AMAZING!

All of a sudden, "clock frequency is not a good reference".

WHY? Because Intel is at the short end of the stick?

Clock frequency was always used when Cyrix and AMD (K6 line) used the "P" rating. The "P" rating was never accepted, critics claiming that a Cyrix P200 was only clocked at 150Mhz.

But now that Intel needs more MHZ to simply play catch up, clock frequency no longer matters? How are CPU chips sorted and sold? By clock frequency, or by instructions executed per second? They are sold by CLOCK SPEED. Just because at the present time Intel is behind AMD, don't change the reference.

It will be funny if/when Intel takes back the speed crown, and starts crowing about having the most MHZ per chip.

<font color=blue>This is a Forum, not a playground. Treat it with Respect.</font color=blue>

juin

Distinguished
May 19, 2001
Ok yes but i dont found one with the new driver and the photoshop pacth.

I just want a total benchmark

yes with the little P4 1.5 and older driver and with older benchmark.

juin

Distinguished
May 19, 2001
Here's the review under Win2000.

http://www.tomshardware.com/cpu/00q4/001206/index.html

After a full review one error i must he have made a 2000 win benchmark but i was dont say that he never made one but look at the driver and all.There old driver and older version.Anyway i dont know for you but P4 have win with win 2000 even TOMS have say P4 win.For the price part its 300$ to 400$ diffenrence in Canada.For more power in overall in win 2000 pro and more stability and more "reliable"

There a lot of post that say it

G

LOL juin has made it to "member" in 3 weeks without one single intelligent post.

killall

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
id wait a while before i make any conclusions... like for the mobo drivers to get a bit nicer... and other factors... of which there are too many to mention but anyway no-one really needs that sort of power and if they do they might as well go for alphas...

you do not strengthen the weak by weakening the strong

TRENDING THREADS