Question Dual (different) discrete AMD GPUs not functioning

Dec 1, 2021
Hey everyone,

I recently bought a used RX 570 to put in my computer alongside my RX 6600XT. It shows up in my device manager, but every time I boot the computer I can find two error messages:

- When viewing the RX 570 properties in device manager, I get "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)"

- AMD Radeon Software says (not every time, but most times) "We detected the display driver has failed to load on your system. A bug report has been genera..." etc.

The RX 6600XT is still working as normal though, and AMD's website says they utilize the same drivers. I have already done a clean install of the drivers, disabled/enabled the device, and adjusted the chipset pcie-gen switch. Nothing appears to be working...
Is anyone able to help me troubleshoot this?
Thanks!

Dec 1, 2021
Yep, I just tried that and it seems to work as normal
Edit: I fresh installed the drivers and the same errors occur on my other computer as well... (only gpu in the system). Display still works but appears to be running @ 1Hz.

Edit: I solved the problem by reflashing the card's bios which makes it work as normal. However I still seem to get the AMD driver bug every time I restart my computer... any suggestions?

Last edited: