[SOLVED] Dual Display Head Scracher

Oct 28, 2019
This is a strange one and I'm really hoping someone has encountered this before because it's annoying.

I've been in IT for over 10+ years and thats probably why it's so annoying but it is strange.

So I have two monitors (no I'm not asking how to re-arrange the monitors :p) laptop is physically on the right (Monitor 1) and a 24" monitor physically on the left (Monitor 2)

The problem is when I have the monitors arranged correctly (Monitor 2 + Monitor 1) the bottom and left-hand side of Monitor 2 is cut off, the background image displays full screen but maximised windows are not full screen. if I arrange the monitors incorrectly (Monitor 1+Monitor 2) then Monitor 2 is full screen!!!. The only issue is I have to go right with the mouse to get to the left screen.

I've disconnected, rebooted, updated drivers, tried a DVI adaptor and cable etc. It works just not correctly :(

Any help would be appreciated.

Solution
That is odd but from the workaround you have there is a solution. Simply redesignate your monitor as Display 1 and your laptop as display 2 then make sure you have the resolution for each is set to native

TRENDING THREADS