Dual Displayport Video Card for ~$100

mhearon

Honorable
Aug 6, 2012
I am looking for a video card for around $100 that will allows dual display through two displayports. I have recently bought these two monitor HP ZR22W 21.5" S-IPS LCD Monitors with a stand, and am looking an appropriate video card. My computer specs: Asus M4A88T-V EVO series mobo, Amd phenom II 955 be, 8 gigs of ram, 500 watt psu, standard hd and dvd drive. I am running windows 7. The video card would be used for general office work, excel, word, some light 2-D or 3-D work etc. If possible, I would like the video card to meet the following requirements.

Dual Displayport output (I don't believe my monitors allow daisy chaining the DP's)
Around $100 price tag
Low heat and noise levels

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Bejusek

Distinguished
Why not connect one with DP and the other one with DVI?

It would give you a wider choice of video cards. Personally I don't know any card with dual DP in sub $100 range.

mhearon

Honorable
Aug 6, 2012
I would not be opposed to connecting one with DVI-D and one with DP. It was my understanding that one of the advantages of DP was good multiple monitor support, but maybe that is not a viable option with my setup and price range.

Suggestions for video cards that meet my above criteria with a DP and DVI-D port.

mhearon

Honorable
Aug 6, 2012
The price I gave was the price I thought would be necessary to buy a functional card. However, I have been looking online and saw some cards in the $40-60 dollar range that have both the DP and DVI. Anything, in particular, I should look for in a card? I don't mind to spend my I had budgeted, but if I can accomplish what I want for half the price, there is no reason to do so. Would these cards work?

GIGABYTE GV-R545D2-512D Radeon HD 5450 512MB 64-bit DDR2 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready Low Profile Video Card $30

JATON VIDEO-PX210-LX GeForce 210 512MB 128-bit DDR2 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready Low Profile Ready Video Card $50

Refurb: ZOTAC ZT-40604-10L-PB-R GeForce GT 430 (Fermi) 1GB 128-bit DDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready Video Card $45

carowden

Honorable
Jul 11, 2012
I imagine that last one should work. the first one listed doesnt have a dvi port, or atleast the one i found when i copied and pasted it in didnt have it. if you arent doing anything that is very demanding of the graphics card, i think that these basic cards should serve you well

Bejusek

Distinguished
Except the first one (no dvi as carowden pointed) they will be ok, if you don't intend to do any gaming.

Have a look at HIS H545H1GD1 Radeon HD 5450 Silence 1GB Low Profile:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814161354

It's a model often recommended for htpcs. Its low profile, low power demanding, fanless card (no noise) and it will allow you to play some games.

Generally everything with dp & dvi on the market will work. In my opinion you should avoid cards with small fans - they are usually loud.

TRENDING THREADS