Dual displays

I am putting together a computer to drive a video projector for worship and
would like to find a video card with dual monitors. Is there such a thing
anymore? My son had a 7000VE that would have worked, but he sold it and
bought a faster card.

--
Mike D.

www.stopassaultnow.org

Remove .spamnot to respond by email

---

There are quite a number of dual head video cards to choose from today.
Just check your local retailers shelves and read the boxes. If they say
Output: DVI and VGA Analog, then that is a dual head card.
McG.

Mike Dobony wrote:
> I am putting together a computer to drive a video projector for worship
> and would like to find a video card with dual monitors. Is there such a
> thing anymore? My son had a 7000VE that would have worked, but he sold
> it and bought a faster card.

There are still 7000s with a DVI connector for sale:

http://www.komplett.co.uk/k/k.asp?action=info&sku=114111&cks=ASS&assoc=9396EFE0-D434-4D0D-839E-4799B4406504

Looks like they're cheap enough too. If you're just driving a projector,
(and presumably, a monitor) that'll do you fine.

Ben

There are quite a few ATI boards with that configuration (VGA/DVI/TV
Video with dual monitor support). For cost, I like the 7500, available
on E-Bay for $25 to $40, or new for under $80; for performance at a
reasonable price, the 9600 (the straight 9600, not the SE or XT), about
$90 to $120 (a bit hard to find new).

There are also "powered by ATI" cards made by 3rd party firms using the
ATI chips, and quite a few NVidia cards also, but it's easier to find
ATI cards with this configuration.

Mike Dobony wrote:

> I am putting together a computer to drive a video projector for worship and
> would like to find a video card with dual monitors. Is there such a thing
> anymore? My son had a 7000VE that would have worked, but he sold it and
> bought a faster card.
>
> --
> Mike D.
>
> www.stopassaultnow.org
>
> Remove .spamnot to respond by email
>

> ---

We've used several cards, but always come back to Matrox for quality of 2D
output. Our current machine (same application, worship projection) uses a
P650, which I would recommend without hesitation. If you want detailed help,
contact me direct at bob at revbob dot org

Bob Almond