Dual e5-2680 v2 or fx-8370

AndrewBilotti

Commendable
Dec 4, 2016
I'm thinking of upgrading my fx-8370 workstation with a r9 390 to a dual e5-2680 v2 workstation with a r9 390 (and ill have to buy a dual Xeon mobo). Cpuboss says that the 8370 is better, but I don't think that is possible, so is the dual e5-2680 better, how much better is it, and is it worth the hundreds of dollars to upgrade. Thanks!

Solution
CPU Boss if for consumers, not someone looking at 14 core CPUs. You need to look at your specific use case and see if the core count will do you any good. An FX CPU is going to be practically nothing compared to even a few of the 14nm cores in that thing. Just a whole different level of tech. CPU Boss is looking at the frequency a little too hard.

If you are going for DDR4 and high core count you might consider AMD Epyc as an alternative. Get you a 32 core CPU in a single socket, with all the PCIe lanes a man could want.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
CPU Boss if for consumers, not someone looking at 14 core CPUs. You need to look at your specific use case and see if the core count will do you any good. An FX CPU is going to be practically nothing compared to even a few of the 14nm cores in that thing. Just a whole different level of tech. CPU Boss is looking at the frequency a little too hard.

If you are going for DDR4 and high core count you might consider AMD Epyc as an alternative. Get you a 32 core CPU in a single socket, with all the PCIe lanes a man could want.

Solution