Dual e5-2680 v2s or Ryzen 7 1800x

AndrewBilotti

Commendable
Dec 4, 2016
I'm upgrading from my fx-8370 workstation. I'm going to keep my r9 390 because of the current gpu prices . I normally use my workstation for gaming, coding with unity, and I may use it for premiere for my new youtube channel (that is if I get like more than 100 subs lol). I see that now clock speed is not as stressed, as 3.6 ghz is the new 4 ghz. Oh, and the games I like to play are planet coaster, rct 3, kerbal space program, cs:go, overwatch, space engineers, world of warships, trove, stonehearth, and from the depths. So which cpu should I get.

Solution
How much worse for what? Gaming -- Probably significantly. Rendering, your dual Xeons will be better. You HAVE to use Windows PRO on a dual socket motherboard. You HAVE to have a power supply with dual ATX12V power connectors for a dual socket motherboard.
Your RAM will be slower, but you have more RAM channels, and therefore more bandwidth, if you use them all. To use them you have to buy RAM in multiples of eight.
Dual socket can get expensive.

kanewolf

Titan
How much worse for what? Gaming -- Probably significantly. Rendering, your dual Xeons will be better. You HAVE to use Windows PRO on a dual socket motherboard. You HAVE to have a power supply with dual ATX12V power connectors for a dual socket motherboard.
Your RAM will be slower, but you have more RAM channels, and therefore more bandwidth, if you use them all. To use them you have to buy RAM in multiples of eight.
Dual socket can get expensive.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS